Help deciding on sub

Username: Tsherman

Post Number: 8
i have a audison lrx 1.1k amp. the subs that im lookin at are------ alpine swx 1243D and at the JL w6v2 i tried searchin on the net but all i can find is good about both subs if anyone can sell me on either of these thatd be great i cant decide

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Fcking H0M0S , Wear FipFlops!! US

Post Number: 4979
I would pick NEITHER.

Polo

Post Number: 9
why neither the box i have has 1.9 cubic ft what else would u recommend then

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1090
w6

Gold Member

Post Number: 4982
Because I your other posts you are looking for OUTPUT neither of them would get loud, the W6 is more of an SQ driver but don't expect high levels of output from it. Right now I'm digging the the FI q's I got from MS but I'm sure I am running x2 the power he had on them....

Polo

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15172
I tested a w6 12 in a good car like an integra hatchback it hit 134.6 db on 250 watts....id expect 4 db more with 500 watts to the sub....if this is a trunk car expect it to hit a lot less

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 121
If you are dead set on just 1 of those 2 subs, I'd go w6. i had a pair 3 or 4 years ago. very nice sounding subs. but if you are looking for tons of output, i'd look elsewhere. can't give an opinion on the type x. never heard one. i do know that both subs are geared for sq.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4983
4db gain, I'd like to see that...

Polo

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16545
http://www.audison.eu/xml/products/pdf/audison_support_technical_sheets/audison_ LRx1_1k_tech_EN.pdf

that amp is 1 ohm stable meaning u will get the most output @ 1ohm so u can automatically rule out BOTH subs choices since BOTH come in only d4

id pick a dual 2ohms 12 IDmax instead ...

Post Number: 10
ive looked at the image dynamics and herd good things but i just dont no where to buy them from in B.C they say for a ported box you need atleast 1.8 to 2.5 cubic feet mine is 1.9 so thats like a 75 percent match and i cant get anything bigger in the back of my truck.. without going custom.. but do you know where i could get one of these ?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15178
yeah actually polo your right it would only be like a 2 db gain....when i doubled the power to my image dynamics idq i gained 2 db....so that would be a 136.6 db

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16548
well honestly ur limiting ur sub choices with that amt of cubt u already have

as a idmax owner i wud def rec more than that 1.9cuft - closer to 2.5 for ported

take a look at DC audio subs level 4

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/specs.html

it seems that their subs like smaller enclosures ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
well i just went n bought a alpine 1222d how would you guys run this with the amp that i have should i run it parallel or ? is that gonna be way to much for it

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 118
parallel. an no.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8139
because u hae a great sq amp i would love to go with a w6 for one of the coolest sq set ups u can do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us