Trunk boxes

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2507
hey guys! my friend is running in a trunk class . the only rule is it has to be under 2,000 clamped watts. 2 days ago i built him a box for a single 15... kinda crappy no bracing and nothing was doubled. we were going to finish it up later but he didnt have time before the next show.
that box actually got a 148.(louder than his 4, 15s he had in his trunk before). i was shocked it got that loud..

anyways! what i am asking is if any one was any tricks or ideas for a trunk box. this is just a f art box. and i am sure a lot of u have built a lot of trunk boxes. i know some of u have built more than me.

for 1 15, or a pair of 12s 2k clamped watts. any weird or stupid idea is what im looking to try. thanks everyone one

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 100
ive found the loudest in trunk cars was sub firing up and port to the side or back. also for port tuening make a genral sealed box and play a test tone range from 40-60hz at medium volume. find the hz that gets the highest db, then tune your box a few hz below that.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8205
what freq did it peak?
what sub do u have?
what truck?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8206
also...what position do u place the mic in this competition?

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2508
the mic is on the window passenger side. midwestspl
its a chev cavalier. the guy has a bunch of subs... he used the american bass XFL for this one. but he also has american bass XDs and will try the american bass HDs as well. i think we will test his freq again because i think it has changed. we think it was around 47... that was about 2 years ago

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15171
I will tell you this dont test the best frequency at low volumes do it near max otherwise you may get untrue readings....also make sure you give sufficient time for the vehicle to recharge after a test....best thing i can tell you if your making an external port is play around with port sizes that is one of the quickest ways to maximum spl also make sure the port is smoooth inside....there is such a thing as a port being too small or too big
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us