Ups was here, my second amp came for my second warden.

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 114
Just picked up my 2nd t30001bd for the second 21" warden I ordered. Should be decently loud when i get all of it in the tahoe. Thought I would throw up a couple pics of the amp.

Upload
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11310
Beefy amps you got there... BUT those would not be my choice, they are terribly inefficient, and running that much power especially I can see that being a problem. I would have went with sundown, atomic, american bass, or similar.

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 115
I'm most likely going to sell the pair and look into a single amp setup down the line. got a deal on this one I couldn't pass up. I've really been eye balling an aq20K, but its going to be an undertaking gettting the electrical ready. And I've heard nothing about anyone using them yet.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8204
one thing i really hate about that style rf amps....footprint. hell, in the area 1 bd1000d takes up, u could fit a pair of dd m1a amps. meaning u free up space for batts.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16540
this model came out some yrs ago hence its big size but they were really nice underated amps

the 1000 used to do avg 1300-1400wrms

im lazy to look it up but i suspect around 3800wrms for this ...

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1075
If you plan on running 2 of those amps and 2 21" Wardens WOW that's going to be insane. Definitely want to see some videos of that.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11311
Be the first with an AQ 20k

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2393
Very nice. I also didn't like the footprint of that amp, it's just too big for the power. It's a great amp, just massive.

I've read mixed things on the actual output of the 20k, some saying it really is only good for 8k at 1 ohm. I'd still love to see one installed- get your electrical upgrades done and get the install going

What are the specs of your enclosure? I went with 15 ft net and around 240sq of port, but I want to rebuild to at least 20ft soon.

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 117
I'm going to do around 20ft. not sure about port area yet, incriminator isn't exactly forthcoming with specs. Not sure why they are like that. Do you have any numbers on your two wardens Troy?

Yeah, I'm really wanting to get a 20k, but i've also heard mixed things about them. 20k for 1800 is really cheap. 8k for 1800, not so much. But they are almost 40" long. talk about footprint. They are huge!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16543
10cuft for a single 21" ? - WOW ! , what will u all be tuning the box to ?

was talking to a IA dealer & he said IA doesnt put the specs online since those subs can be custom ordered & the company wants sales\support to go through their dealers

AQ20
Cont. Power @ 1 ohm 8000w
Dynamic Power 20,000W

what does that mean - wrms & max power ?

is it like stetsom with "music rating & bass rating" ? ...

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1225
i forget where i read things and exactly what i read, but if i recall correctly the aq will do around 20k at higher voltages. im straining my memory but i think i remember a bench test with 15k at 15.9v.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2396
I don't have full power #s on my wardens yet. It's audibly a nice bit louder than the last time I was metered, so at least 1 or 2 db higher. I couldn't even turn it up without the amp going into protect.
The only time this setup was ever metered I did 151 even at 32hz and 151.5 at 42hz- obviously my daily box.
Even at full tilt with what my ab1000.1 can give at 1 ohm and 15v (10k at 2 ohms @ 14.4) the subs only move about 1/3 to 1/2 of their mechanical limit.
Rovin- this is why I'm thinking 20ft would be a bit better than 15ft. Yeah the dynamic power is the rating you'll never really see.

I've also heard that the amp will do a lot more at higher voltages, but so will many other amps. I got a Sound Stream 10k a while back for 800, and it does power at 18v, two of those would be cheaper.

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 120
Troy, do you think the 20k would be a good buy?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2398
I believe if you can keep your voltage up it wouldn't be a bad amp for the price. May want to look into 2 d9s, or 500.1s, or a 1000.1, I've seen them go for about the same price new and used.
There was a 1000.1 that went for 1300 used about a year ago I wish I had picked up.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Fcking H0M0S , Wear FipFlops!! US

Post Number: 4981
I would stick with the above Korean amps you really can't go wrong, IMHO the SS amps are crap compared to them.. JMHO

Polo.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15168
congrats on getting the 21 inch wardens....if there ever was a large sub id want to try this would be one of them

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 123
ive always been a sq guy. but i have always wanted to do a full out spl setup. got a mag in the daily driver. so i have a tahoe with a lot of space begging for some subs. riding troy's coat tails lol. he gave me the idea.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16544
i see what ur doing with more cuft - shud get the subs to move a bit more & as a added bonus u will get more lows too ....

Silver Member

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 124
Should kill the lows. Best lows ive had was with my lms 5400. best sub I've ever owned. but its apples and oranges.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8089
OMG fukin ms im sorry for posting but hes such a noob probably and will be like 99.9999999% sure that he never tried those amps....

hahahaha

he just made me laugh i would went with sundown or atomic..

their inefficient??? go take a d1ck and come back and say that shyt again..

you keep leeching info from other forums and post that stupid knowledge here..

that is a great amp such a great amp that is a really terrific amp..

yes the atomic might be good but the design features and technology this amp has cant compare to your damn sundow atomic adassa wich they come even from the same buildhouse which all of those amps are from same blue print... omg you cant compare chinese xenon to those bd series..stupid

those bd amps have a terrific heatsink-cooling design that is truly one of the best ever designed

ok this is some specs that i copy from the rockford bd series

Massive, thundering Rockford Fosgate Power series amps occupy the top of the amplifier food chain -- with their fine-tuned audio controls, extreme durability, and proprietary technologies (like TRANS-ana circuitry for ultra-clean signal transfer and MEHSA for cool-running power)

yeah i bet your sundows have those technologies azzhole even the kicker sx series cant compare to the sundows or your xenon equivalent because those kicker even has a built in dsp processor..

If you're looking for a dedicated, bass-driving machine, say hello to the Power T30001bd. Equipped with Class bd technology (Rockford Fosgate's patented digital amp design), this beast produces an amazing 75% efficiency rating with a highly stable output

that other part that i copied yes that is alil bit uneficient for a class d amp but guess wut??' that is not a class d amp stupid thats a hybrid from a b and a d

thats the efficiency of a class d amp with the sound of a b class amp

yeah your sundows probably will outmatch this designs... yeah rite..................

and even tho with just the nomad technology it pwns your recomendations

NOMAD advanced protection circuitry monitors temperature, voltage, current and impedence, and provides "intelligent" shut-down protection without limiting system performance

it just show how stupid you are douchbag

dude keep the amp is a truly great amp dont sell it.. it will last a long time.. theres a reason why steve meade run these even that hes sponsored by rockford haha

great amp man A+ for you..

i wish i had one but their so expensive the shop iused to work i did some install with these puppies OMG their beasts

Gold Member

Post Number: 8090
yeah korean xenon might produce the more watt for the dollar and great amp but i mean this has really huge footprint because its cooling capabilities also its a sql amp not a spl like most korean amps..

like i said d class efficiency with b class sound output..

what more do you want if its for daily driving will be great if you just want str8t spl that sounds IMHO really horrible go with the amps ms said..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1227
rob, your posts are nothing more than the ramblings of an uneducated fool

"that is a great amp such a great amp that is a really terrific amp.. "
ummm, what?

"their inefficient??? go take a d1ck and come back and say that shyt again.."
taking a dick relates to this in what way?

"you keep leeching info from other forums and post that stupid knowledge here.."
"ok this is some specs that i copy from the rockford bd series"
you were guilty of the same thing

"i wish i had one but their so expensive the shop iused to work i did some install with these puppies OMG their beasts"
i pity the people who received a crackhead install from you

Gold Member

Post Number: 8093
thats like saying i prefer my sony home theater amp receiver that push like 1000 rms than your marantz or mcintosh receiver which can only push 400 and is so power hungry...

hahahahahahahha lol

it applies to even car audio..

bein an audiophile its not about loudness or sound pressure level..

is about how great you hear the audio.. and the best audiophile gear come with big disadvantages:

1.-the main disadvantage is the price cost an audiophile product can cost up to 10-50x the regular mainstream product...
thats why you see martin logan speaker can cost as much as a house..

2.- they really need high power to produce lil watt because their not focused on efficiency their focusing on reproducing the exact same algoryth of notes as much as possible..

like for examples yeah u can get a a really high efficiencyamp that push like 100x2 at like 100 bucks but you can get a tube amp thatpush like 10 watts x2 for like 500 bucks..... which give you the cleanest and best watts u can get......................you be the judge on this one...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8094
yeah kyle wathever... you and your bu-ttbuddy M.S wich i think stands for a mara salvatrucha can su-ck a dick..

i might not be able to type correctly and have alot of misspelling errors because of the nature that this is not my natural language but even tho i think your guys are full of sh...t

a guy come here ask for a budget sub and all that you can think of is fi q....
there are bunch of woofers a single type of sub cant fill everyone needs..

yeah might be a terrific sub but a guy come ask for a sub i have budget of 300 bucks yeah get a fi q..

yeah cool decicion but then he needs to buy a 1000-1500 rms amp then a huge wiring kit then a upgraded electrical system...
thats sum like a 300 set up??? be a smart thinking man...

not just be the dumbazz of the forum..

and suggest everyone a fi q, bl or audioque...

what happened to infinity?? phoenix gold??? alpine type r???
xtant subwoofers??? focal??boston acoustics??wich like 80% of the people dont even know xtant hahaha....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1229
i have never even spoken with M.S. before. i was just making simple observations.

and what are you talking about with the fi q? isnt this thread about a rockford amp?

you must be seriously confused right now. take a couple deep breaths and and collect yourself.

remember,you came into this thread with the hostility. just take it down a notch next time and be civil about everything

Gold Member

Post Number: 8096
im just putting facts on this amp.. about how great amp it is and some of those noobs come here with no knowledge at all saying eh i would of gone with sundowz or atomic because their cheaper and produce alot of powa.

wtf... man thats just nuts.. those amps cant compare to this amp in terms of quality,technology and soundquality..

they might beat his amp in terms of loudness but hardly but even with that the rockford wins in the other terms.. wich makes it a pretty awesome amp..

Gold Member

Post Number: 8097
anyone forget those noobs...

pike im truly jelous of your amp....if you ever think of selling it let me know.. im saving to buy a pair when i get back to chicago

Gold Member

Post Number: 1230
you must read only selected parts of the thread that seem convenient to your argument. he said he is going for a full on spl setup. so what would the sq of this amp have to do with anything?

and if you honestly think that atomic or sundown amps do not compare to the rockford in terms of quality that you are greatly mistaken.

you could have made all of the points that you wanted to without calling anyone out and making yourself look foolish.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8098
heres the birth sheet of your amp pike

http://www.tristanrules.com/4137.jpg

haha it makes close to 4.2k rms at 1 ohm with less than 1% of thd or total harmonic distortion...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8099
i have an atomic 5000.1 at the moment i have it for sale if your interested and ill even trade it for pikes rockford amp

even if he is at 10k rms of watts 1-2k rms more or less is not even noticable

but if he reallywants to bump it that sounds like shyt well go for the other ones ;)

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11315
" rob, your posts are nothing more than the ramblings of an uneducated fool "

Lol, well said, well said.

If you think Sundown is not top notch quality then you must be retarded. Their amps are bulletproof and will stomp the rf power line in efficiency. Never have I said those RFs are not really good amps, they are, but they are also power hungry.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15183
"RFs are not really good amps, they are, but they are also power hungry."

that is true

Gold Member

Post Number: 8101
thier power hungry because they are underrated and to those bd power series of amp wich like i said their hybrid amps they have class d low efficiency amps with b amp design sound quality..

overall their good quality

yeah go say that to steve meade he probably is a noob you should enlight him with your facts on current demand..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2399
It takes power to make power- period. People argue 5-10% efficiency and it's almost like arguing 5-10% in output. If an amp is rated 3000 watts and does 2700 watts you're not going to hear the difference. The good RF amps have birth sheets often 25% higher than their 'ratings' and thats a good thing to me.

As much as I like the RF amps, most people will notice no audible change going from a sundown 3000 to a RF 3000. At that power level SQ is a moot point imo, as long as their is minimal clipping.

People love to argue that RF 4000s come with birth sheets above 5000, but they aren't really safe to run below 1 ohm. On the other hand for similar or less money you can buy several 4 or 5k watt amps that are safe to run at .5 ohms. My amp is basically AB 500.1s, and has run for months at .35 daily.

There are tons of products and companies out there because people have their opinions on what is best. No one is disputing that this is a good amp, so lets just let the argument die.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16553
[[[No one is disputing that this is a good amp, so lets just let the argument die.]]]

agreed 100% ! ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 4984
WOW I see SLob The Knob Rob hasn't changed one bit lol. Now as for not being able to hear an audible difference maybe not power wise but sound differences like dampening factor and eq in the input stages could produce a big difference. One of the best sounding class D's I have ever owned was a quad Kicker SX1200.1's setup I had . Thes amps with their computer controlled EQ sounded awesome and you could use presets for different types of music. Then I went to a DD Z1a which honeslty produced gobs of power especially on 16V system (modded) BUT it sounded like sh!t, was hard and boomy. Now this is all based on the same overall setup everythig remained constant. After the DD I went to a IA40.1 and the difference was night and day, sound quality was sweet!! After that I went with a pair of SAZ-3000D's and they sounded equally as good, same for the pair of 1500d's I have now. The only thing I can think of is that either the dampening factor is much higher with the others than the DD or maybe some type of built in EQ in the input stage? Now I had a XXX-6500 which out of anything I had ever owned, sounded the worse what a piece of shiiiaaattt... ;)

Polo

Gold Member

Post Number: 8102
zup stupid polo yeah like i said the sx series was the shyt and no dd or even sundwonz cant compare in sq terms...

but like i said those rf amps are the shyt

Gold Member

Post Number: 4985
The Fosgate is a good mainstream amp if you got it for a great price hey at least you would be able to sell it easy. Now the BD does have a decent efficiency range BUT it also produces a lot of heat hence the large @ss heat sink. Their is no reason to be running a BD class just a market ploy to say they have less noise, maybe they do but all that won't be audible below 250hz anyways! 1% distortion at 100hz you will not be able to hear and I have sensitive ears when it comes to noise that is why I can never finish anything because I am always changing things around lol. Now if you wanted to play full range audio with a class D efficiency look for a class T amplifier but that is another story. IMHO if it don't matter to you then run the fosgates they have regulated power supplies so don't count on any more power than they can produce, you must have the batteries to back them up and you cannot run them below 1ohm, they are Rob proof and will go into protect . OR you can use the Fosgate name and throw them up on CA.COM as a "Feeler" just to see what kind of interest they get. You can still use them while you try to get some cash for them. The Korean amps will allow you to run from 12-20V input voltage and usually down to .5 ohm with battery power.

Polo
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us