I have a low budget and room for one sub! please help

Username: Oestjo

Post Number: 1
Hi im new to the whole audi scene. Alot of my friends have subs and i have saved up some money to get some. I have around 500 dollar for a system. Im in an audi a3 so i have not a lot of space and only can get one sub. Im looking for pounding bass(aka the loudest i can get). I was looking at maybe getting a kicker l5 15" and a zx500 amp. Maybe i can get some other choices. Remember i can only get one sub and have 500 dollar for the amp and sub so. thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 113
I'm the first of several that will tell you to stay away from the L5. Also, the first of many to tell you to go to www.audioque.com and look at their sd "street duty" line of subs. I had a 15 for a period of time. Very affordable and pretty loud for the cost. I'm sure someone on here can steer you in the right direction. Just not a lot of love around here for kicker's subs. the amp would be ok.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1683
Now out of that 500 will you be dishing out extra for a good amp kit?

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3209
500 isn't much of a budget. Maybe buying used sub/amp's wouldn't be a bad idea.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11307
x2 everything pike said. lol

AQ sd2.5 and alpine M500 amp would be my choice. Plus box and wiring will put you around 500.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1077
Not to mention, if room is an issue, that 15" L5 would require a pretty large enclosure.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5794
He has to go with a ported 12. A used IDMAX would be perfect in that car, but they are spendy and kind of hard to find. Save $300 more and do it right the first time, especially if you want loud.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 104
i got an AA atlas 15 with box for sale if your interrested. 3.5cf tuned to 30hz, ill sell ya $200 picked up. then all you need is a decent 500wrms at 4ohm amp.

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 125
where do you live dustin? might know someone interested in that sub and box. how was it on the lows?

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Tucker, Georgia United States

Post Number: 409
Be careful on here, these guys can be a very persuasive ,bad influence when it comes to spending money on good equipment. I told them i had a $1000 budget, and now i am $1200 in and i dont even have my wire, box or battery yet ! LOL I just continue to tell my wife they said they would beat me up if i did not purchase certain things. LMAO Seriously the guys here at eCoustics will help you out a bunch. Welcome to the forum.

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
pike- i live in northwest ohio. yes the AA atlas is a low end beast. fs of 22hz i think. uses the xbl^2 motor. great sub idk if you know toxic tuan but he says the atlas is the best sq sub hes ever heard.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8138
i dont think they use that motor... that was pantented by adire audio and the woofers that wre made with that motor was some adire subs... aa the great avalanche and the re xxx theres a few more but i forgot but i dont think the new atlas have them..

also the id maxx woofers OMG they have superb sq

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
ya i know for a fact they do, thats why chad stopped making the atlas an avalanche cuz stupid dan wiggens thru a fit cuz AA was doing better than adire. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 8140
yeah i know... but those atlas you said were the old ones??? or like the new ones with the havoc line and sh1???

yeah i remeber old atlas and the avalanches with the xbl motor they were the sh1t the avalanche is one of my favorites woofers of all time..

but your talking about old atlas or new atlas??? is there even a new atlas??? its been a while for me haha

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
old atlas lol

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/cenus/my15s.jpg[/IMG]

Gold Member

Post Number: 8141
omg those were cool yeha i remeber now.. yeah with the cool rugged platic dust cover yeah i remeber now

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
acutally it was carbon fiber but i don't think its 'true" carbon just some knock off still looks pretty cool.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8142
no is not carbon fiber if you look far again yeah it might look carbon fiber but is not.. is actually a plastic thing rugged off

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1235
dustin, what are the specs on that box?

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
3.5cf tuned to 30hz using 2 4inch pvc ports.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us