New amp, sub, worried I may not have it tuned properly?

Username: Eklispe22

Post Number: 2
I had it proffesionally installed and when he went to set the sub the way I liked it I only had a cd with soft bass and not the appropriate music that would go with a subwoofer.

I drove home and threw in some heavy southern rap music to really get the feel of it and while the sub kicks and sounds amazing. It is almost to loud, to the point it drowns out any other sound emtiging from the other speakers.

I have a stock deck for a old 2001 cavalier and I dont want to fiddle with the bass, treb adjustments beacuse I was warned not too. But I cant really enjoy the sub beacuse I cant even play it at half the volume. Is there a way to set it now that I have the music I would normally play, can I do this myself or should I take it in and have it properly looked at.
Im new at this.

Specs.
12" Apline Type R Subwoofer
Mrp-m500 500w amp

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2498
get a bass knob that plugs in ur RCA

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1069
If the sub is over powering the music from the speakers inside the car, you can always adjust the gain on the amp down gradually until everything sounds even. Make sure the LPF is at or around 60 Hz so you're not getting a ton of mid bass through the sub. It'll clean up your bass and help bring things together.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us