Time for a new system

Silver Member
Username: Tylersliva

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 291
ok right now i have a single 12" alpine type r... i love the sub but its time for upgrade... im thinking a pair of 15" type r on an aq2200. any other suggestions for the money? im on a tight budget, and i love the bass of the single 12 i could only imagine 2 15's.... i have a 98 silverado 250amp alt... i didnt do the big 3 yet but will in future. so does anyone have any suggestions or comments

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3201
What amp do you currently have? amd how tight is the budget?

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 292
a kenwood 1800w max, im starting fresh and i want to stay under $1000, the reson im thinking the 15" type r's is because the price is cheep and i know the 12's sound great. but a single fi btl 18" is in my mind too... im just gettin a good deal on a aq2200 from a friend for 130 bucks only been used for a month

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3205
What price can you get the 15" type r's? That's a hell of a deal. Amp works right?

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 293
yes it works just fine, the kid is rich and im his best friend so i get a deal on it. and for the type r's i can get for 200 a peice brand new. i want to 15's or 1 18" but the btls are on back order and i dont feel like waiting

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1219
fi ssd 15's are 200 new and would handle that amount of power better than the type r's imo

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 296
hmmm good point kyle.... thanks for the info i never even thought of the ssd. could i still use the same 2200 amp for the ssd and give them each 1k rms

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2492
just but the aq2200 for that price... so that gives u 870 bucks to spend... get a pair of FI BLs.... then u still have money to build a nice box... or pay some one on the forum to make u a nice box... that would be a pretty loud set up. way better than ur type r 10s...
depending on the car and box u might break a 150 with that

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 298
the thing is right now i has a 1000 fine for possesion of mj so money is tight thats why i think i want to go with the ssd... do you think 2 15" ssd would be louder then 2 15" type r?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1221
dBlk, that would also work but what he decides seems to be very dependent on his budget. he is going to need a beefed up electrical system to run that aq 2200.

if you are willing, you could buy used equipment. being on a tight budget and needing electrical upgrades it might be the only way that you can get the equipment that you are wanting. just a thought

Gold Member

Post Number: 1223
there will probably be differing opinions but imo the ssd is a bit louder and has a bit more sq that the type r. this is coming from experience seeing as i have a ssd right now and have heard a ton of type r systems. they are both really good woofers but i think the ssd has a slight edge over the type r.

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 299
ok well i do have a 250 amp ho alt right now so all i really need to do is the big 3 and i should be able to run that power just fine... and for the ssd does the bp power and flatwind coils make a difference should i invest in that also or would i be fine without...

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11298
You put in a 250 amp alt without doing the big 3.... you like fire? lol

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3206
Why wouldn't you do the big 3? 0/1 is way cheaper than a 250amp alt.

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 300
well because im only running 500rms atm... i was planning on doing it when i upgrade my system.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 703
Man,thats a hell of a deal on that amp!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16532
what about a 18" hdc3 with upgraded coils ...

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 301
what amp would i use then if i got the 18" hdc3? would the aq2200 be fine?

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 302
the 18" hdc3 is only dual 1 ohm.. so what would i wire it to on the aq 2200? is there a way to wire it to 1ohm... cause i thought you can only do .5 and 2 ohm....

Bronze Member
Username: B_rad_nep

Post Number: 20
wish I could find an aq2200 for $130!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8124
i would get some phoenix gold octanes r Z rated...

or the phoenix gold rsdc wich are more expensive like 198 for the pair
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-PHOENIX-GOLD-RSdC124-12-2400-WATT-CAR-SUB-WOOFERS-/2904649 38206?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures

here are some vids for you to see

the last vid their powered with 1200 watts i just cant imagine your amp will make these baby do..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us