Boston G3, G5

Bronze Member
Username: Wandaddy

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 12
Anyone have any experience with the subs? I am thinking about getting one of them but I can't seem to find anyone who has actually owned one. I have been out of car audio for quite awhile and am building a new system for my work car. I was a big Boston Acoustics fan back in the day, so I would like to try what they have to offer these days. If anyone can help, thanks in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11289
Boston makes good stuff but you can usually get more for less, they are usually overpriced much like JL.

Silver Member
Username: Perfectcircle

Naptown, Indy

Post Number: 108
Agree with m.s. local stores around here, if they carry jl they carry boston. I heard 2 G5 12's with two passive radiators. Not impressed at all. Good sound, output was really not impressive at all. And they wanted a bundle for them. I would go a different direction. Just my opinion though.

Bronze Member

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 13
Well I agree at local stores they do ask quite a lot for them, but online the prices aren't too bad. I was leaning more towards the G3 anyways because I am kind of on a tight budget.

Bronze Member

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 14
I guess I am also kind of partial to Boston Acoustics and Alpine because my uncle used to own a car/home audio store when I was in high school and those are the two biggest brands they pushed. I guess I liked their sound back then, so maybe I will still like it today. I am not too concerned about a lot of output, if I get a G3 I will only be running about 300W RMS to it in a sealed enclosure. I thought since the sensitivity rating was good on these subs that they would have good output even without a lot of power though?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us