Box blew out?

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 142
So i was driving last night, and my amp over heated, little did i know that my brother had shoved some bed sheets in behind my seats when he moved, and forgot them there, thus not letting my amp get any air. So i turned my sub off and let it cool down. well when i t burned it back up it wasn't getting very loud. so i messed with the eq and stuff and then eventually after i turned it up to 35 it would make this knocking noise. Come to find out my box seams weren't secure enough and blew out. Is there any way to patch this well untill i get a new box. or should i just take it out and wait?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5745
wow, must have been a really bad box. You can patch it up with some silicone to seal it temporarily.

Silver Member
Username: 813thumper

Tampa, FL United States

Post Number: 190
or get some fiberglass and resin if its really bad

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1259
This box wasn't made by Logan Tille wasn't it? His boxes were glued with liquid nails and were known to fall apart after a while lol...

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23284
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/217067.html

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 374
lol, good thread ^^

and i have a friend with a slot ported box for 2 15's and the top started coming off. it sounded effing crazy, like slapping water or sumthing. damn prefabs.. looked like a really nice box too, good thing the local shop gave him a warranty.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1164
jb weld and duct tape lol.

but some tilebond2 or what ever it is and some sil and maybe duct tape.

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1261
^^^^ duct tape fixes everything lol

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23289
Not herpes.

Well maybe in Mexico.................

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 143
Lulz, yeah it kinda sounds like slapping wood...if anything hahaa but it isnt like that shitty looking box. it is made with mdf but i think it was one of my builders earlier boxes and some of the screws on that side were stripped, and eventually the liquid nails blew out, but i am going to use some gorilla glue (any thoughts) for right now to patch it up, but i am starting on a new box too, and it will be slot ported and not interchangeable.

this is the box http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac146/nolanpaul02/Passat/P4050212.jpg
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us