10.5 volts from headunit remote wire

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 2066
so i was messing with a few things today trying to figure out my electrical problem and i measured the voltage for the remote turn on wire from the headunit and its only 10.5 volts?

could this be why the sub hits when i turn then car off? it should be 12 volt right?

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1148
sub hitting on power off sounds like charge unload <<>> and it would haft to be going through the RCA's or high lvl inputs, or it could just be your amp. hows your gain set? you could all ways run a power wire from the remote to the pos side of your amp power or your distro block and see if it still does it or unplug your rca's then power off the system and see if it still does it.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1149
sub hitting on power off sounds like charge unload <<not a real term but gets the point across and it would haft to be going through the RCA's or high lvl inputs, or it could just be your amp. hows your gain set? you could all ways run a power wire from the remote to the pos side of your amp power or your distro block and see if it still does it or unplug your rca's then power off the system and see if it still does it.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Fcking H0M0S , Wear FipFlops!! US

Post Number: 4972
WTF ^^^^

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1152
sorry slept 5 hours then stayed up late, happens.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3186
as long as it's in the ballpark it should be fine.. it's just an on/off signal.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2067
deathoob, its an intermittent problem so its hard to test like that but im just concerned that my headunit may be damaged since i thought it was supposed to be 12 volt. i think im going to just add a switched 12 volt power wire to the rear for the sub amps anyways so if that is the problem it should be fixed.

my gain was set using a dmm and 50 hz tone for the sub amp.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2297
yo mark - sorry for the dump

i see that you have your boxes for sale on CACO. i am interested in one

how low can you go on one shipped to 07732?
what is the:
LxWxH
port area

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2389
Mark have you checked your rca and ground connections? If you're only getting 10.5 at the remote wire, check all of your connections just to eliminate those from the equation.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2390
If your amp connections are good, adding a ground for your h/u to metal instead of to the factory wiring might help.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2069
Troy,
I checked the grounds there all good and i even re did a lot of the wiring under the hood just to eliminate that. even when there is no rca's plugged in to the deck and it still does it. also i just added another ground cable for the hu because i thought that was it.

today i just finished installing my new setup and there is a really bad engine whine in the sub but everything is grounded well. If the alt is going bad could that cause engine noise even with solid connections because im pretty sure the alt is on its way out?

I was doing a little testing today and i was measuring the voltage and at idle the voltage is actually lower than with the car off and the voltage directly off the alt was less then directly off the battery bank while idling. When i rev the engine the voltage gets into the 13's. im assuming that i have a bad diode but im not really sure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us