I need a little bit of help from someone

Username: Damianvigil213

Post Number: 1
I have 3 12's which r 2 kenwoods and 1 rockford fosgate p1 edition and I made a box for all 3 subs and all 3 subs are the same watt's and rms ok now this is what I need the help with I have a DHD POWER CRUISER amp that is 1,000 watts but the amp got sparked and still works fine but I have to bend the cables under the amp do u kno if I can fix this problem or no? and I have a cheap dual 300 watt amp I bought for the mean time and I want to hook those up for my mid's and high's and I wanna use jus my 1,000 watt DHD amp for my 3 sub's and now here is the last problem im having is it possible to hook up 3 sub's to a 2-channel amp? Or do I need to up grade to a 3-channel amp? Well if you could help me out with all these questions I would be very very happy.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1025
Most 2 channel amps when ran bridged can only run at a 4 ohm load. Depending upon what voice coil(s) those 3 subs are will effect their final impedence but reguardless, it isnt going to be a 4 ohm load. They're going to be running to low for a 2 channel amp. With that being said what voice coil(s) are those subs? Secondly you'll need a mono block amp, one channel. What do you mean when you say the amp got sparked? Its also not recommended to run different types of subs together. What model are the 2 kenwoods?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us