Did an install in a 98 Jeep.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1015
This was my first time ever messing around with a Jeep. A neighbor of mine the other week was having problems with his subs and what was going on was the gain was wide open. So I pulled out the DMM and my test tone cd and set it right for him. Now him and his buddy came to me to help them put systems in their new cars they just picked up. Jeeps seem to be built pretty well. Everything was well sealed up and secure which made running wires a pain. But its in there and done. He doesn't have anything special, just a couple off brand 12s with a matching amp in a ported enclosure. It gets pretty loud though and he's happy. Said he'd give me 30 bucks for helping him out, so that's cool.

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1211
ask him to snap a few pics
i always like looking

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1023
I can take a few pics next time I see him. His g/f heard the system and was really impressed. She wants it to sound "good" and I asked her what she meant by "good". They've got an older Pioneer deck now running stock speakers. I told her she can get a newer HU with pre-outs, get a decent 4 channel or even 2 channel amp and focus on a nice front stage. Her b/f, the guy I helped, wants it to be slamming. I told him with the room he has he could do a single 18" HDC3 or Fi Q on 1k - 1.5k rms and it'd be rediculous. I looked at the stock alt on it and its already got 4 guage wire stock for the grounds. Of course 1/0 guage is better, but for stock I was surprised. So we'll see what they decide to do.

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 371
sounds good, keep us updated

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 105
jeeps get loud as fvk. i had 3 15's in my old one with my re12.1 amp was doing mid 140's around 35hz. where did you run the wire? thru the door or the boot in the firewall? mine was pretty easy except running the rcas cuz the back seat lever thing was broke so it was a pain trying to run them underneath of it.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1210
my old jeep i was running 4 12's off of ~350 watts total (4 ohm load....).... it was about as loud as my current setup, witch is 1 15" off 1600.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1087
We ended up having to run the wire through the driver side because there was a huge fuse box in the way on the passenger side. I used the groomet that connects from the door to the frame to get the power wire inside the jeep. I fished the wire with a coat hanger from under the hood through a tiny hole I found in the firewall to reach the door jam. I've installed a good amount of cars and most have been straight forward. The jeep though took a little thinking in a couple spots.

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 376
jeeps do get pretty loud, mine was effing loud with 2 12's tuned to 38hz.

and for all you haters they were 06 model L7's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us