How to tune my amp to hit the low bass better

Username: Brady421

Post Number: 1
My amp is set to make my subs hit the highs extremely hard, the low bass bumps too but it does not seen like it hits as hard as it could any suggestions

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5330
How exactly is it set? Are we talking a low pass filter here?

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1019
Your enclosure, the type of woofer and how much power will all play into how deep and/or hard the bass hits. For good lows you'll need a ported enclosure tuned low. 32 Hz or so. What kind of set up are you running currently? A larger diameter woofer normally will reproduce lows better as well. As far as the amp goes just make sure its set to LPF and is around 60 Hz. If there are any other filters on there let us know.

Post Number: 2
here are the subs and amp
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_15911_Sonic+Combo-+2+Kicker+08S12L74+%2B+1+M TX+Audio+TE1501D.html

and here is the box if this helps
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22145_Absolute+DKS12.html

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1022
Well the amp should match up nicely for those subs, should be pushing them nicely. The box however looks a little small, wouldn't hurt for it to be a little bigger. I'm not super familiar with Kicker subs but I'm guessing those L7s like a lot of internal volume. I'd say a larger, custom built enclosure, all one chamber inside, tuned low, would make you more happy.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11262
Those subs are also just built for SPL, they lack low end response and SQ... solution would be get good subs. lol.

Post Number: 3
thanks skd i will look into a better box, i think i kno a guy who builds customs i may see what he can do, and as for m.s. obviously you are just trying to insult me because i kno a couple people with l5s that hit the low bass better then anyone ive heard

Post Number: 4
but if you may have a link available to a box that is pre built that would help too

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1027
There is a guy on here who builds customs enclosure for a fair price, shipped to your door. He built my current enclosure. His user name on here is Bassman3, name is Dustin. You can reach him by email here: dlaudiotech@gmail.com. He does fantastic work.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11264
lol man if L5s are the best you've ever heard.... you're insulting yourself.

Upload

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Fcking H0M0S , Wear FipFlops!! US

Post Number: 4973
Subs/enclosure have the biggest impact on how low your music will play. When I switched from a Treo SSX to a TC sounds 5200 I almost cried the difference was night and day and the box was 38hz and no where near spec. Matter of fact it played music at 30hz that is 8hz below( don't do this) its tune and just blew the ssx away. With the right sub you can use different enclosures to "fine tune" in vehicle response and later add more power if you wish. Start with a good sub and the rest is easy, buy a crappy sub and you will just make your life harder..

Polo
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us