New to Audio- need suggestions

Username: Bilibob32352

Post Number: 1
Hey, im getting an 09 nissan altima, and want to put a decent sound system ( as much as i can ) for no more than $300. what would my best bet be, and i would prefer loudness as well as quality but leaning towards loudness. Im 16 and want a system that bumps. I no it can happen, ive seen some but just wondering if you could list some things from people that have been doing this alot. Thanks, that would really help.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1147
you could get a new head unit or some nicer door speakers, but how about you learn to drive first and not crash in to a tree fuking with your radio before you get laid.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16520
300 bucks ? - dude unless u want crappy stuff from pyramid , jenson or pyle i suggest u start saving some more , at least doubled that amt of $ for a decent set ....

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23274
Well he's 16. Even In today's world $300 to a 16 year old is a lot. If he has to get bottom line stuff to fill his needs then chalk it up as an education. Sure we can all recommend a higher budget but to him it probably isn't feasible.

A great oak tree was once a sapling you know.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2478
i can help u out! american bass XD 15. u can get one for maybe 85 dollars online. then look for a good wire kit..... maybe that will cost u 35 or so. this amp http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-BRUTUS-BXi-1610D-CAR-AMPLIFIER-MONO-AMP-1600-W-/330 442436146?pt=Car_Amplifiers#ht_4010wt_1002

wired at 2 ohms (we can show u how to wire it)
then the only thing u need is a box.. but the box is the most important thing... with the amount of money u have i would suggest making a box on ur own. or maybe ur dad or some one could help u. i am sure some one from this site or even i could help u with a design that could help u get bumpin.
that would maybe be a little over 300 but i am sure u could do it around 400 and have something that is better than most kids ur age

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11256
Well you CAN make a $300 system that doesn't totally suck, it wont be great either but...

kicker CVR comes to mind. or that XD from dblk there is also a good deal.

then pick up up a prefab sealed box

And try to find a deal on an amp. hifonics is probably the best deal in the world of bargin amps, just be aware they are very over rated so you need one rated for more power than you want.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us