A Nice System, with a decent price

Username: Bhinton

Post Number: 2
Can I get some suggestion for some speakers, amps, and subs, and maybe a nice HU for my system I'm doing I don't know too much about this but I can't wait to get all this setup some suggestions would be nice though all for a decent price.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2473
when u say decent price what do u mean??? 1,000 or 10,000?
what car? do u want spl or sql?

Post Number: 3
1,000 less would be better

I have a 93 Honda Civic LX

Is that like quality, and loudness? The SPL and SQL?

Post Number: 4
Something with Decent Quality but I wanna lean more towards how loud it is

Post Number: 5
Aynone?

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1010
Yep. Depending on how much room you're looking to sacrifice for an enclosure, go with the HD3 series from Audioque. (http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=24) That sub is both affordable and will get plenty loud for you. A custom enclosure, ported, will also be key for this install. You can run an AQ1200d (or others, like sundown audio) to the sub and it will perform nicely. You'll need atleast a 4 gauge wiring kit for the amp, if not larger. As far as components, work on a good front stage. Aq offers some on the site, if not CDT makes good ones or even a set of Alpine components will do well on a budget. Get a nice 2 channel amp for them, or a 4 channel bridged to each will work also. Thats an affordable set up I think you'll be happy with. There again, depending on how much room you have for an enclosure, I'd say go with one woofer, the largest diameter possible. You can also check out Ficaraudio.com and they make great woofers as well. For what you're looking for though, I'd say the HD3 would work.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1011
As far as HUs, I like Alpine, but thats me. Pioneer makes nice HUs as well, its just going to depend on your preference. One thing to look for is good pre-out voltage. Now adays the norm to look for is 4 volt pre-outs.

Post Number: 7
Well when I bought this car it already had a built custom sub box for the entire trunk for a 15" in sub so that's what I'm looking for

Post Number: 8
Where would I find that Amp you are talking about?

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1012
On the Audioque.com website. You'll be much better off with an enclosure built for the sub you choose. Every woofer is going to have certain specs for the type of box you'll need to get whatever sound you're looking for. How much internal volume, how strongly its built and the tuning frequency are all going to play into how loud and/or low this sub is going to hit. Putting a sub into any ol' box will not give you optimal results.

Post Number: 9
Would there be another name for Pre-outs? maybe like Pre-amps or something?

Post Number: 10
Also what's the difference between Coaxial and Component speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Shopvac

Post Number: 39
Coaxials versus Components Speakers

http://www.caraudiohelp.com/newsletter/coaxials_versus_components.htm

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16521
i suggest before buying anything u shud take a read here :

http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/index.html

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2477
u will want a new box for sure. what area do u live in? maybe i know some one that could build u a good box, or maybe i can. we can help u out on a design if u want to build it ur self.
maybe the AD component set would be good but i think the CDT is better. look at http://www.vertexaudio.com/
the guy from that website is so nice! he can help u with a really nice front stage and wire cheaper than any place i have seen! maybe if u talk to him he will even give u a discount. .. maybe. lol
he also has Incriminator Audio Death Rows for 339 but... gosh... the HDC3 went down in price from last time i looked!
really the HDC3 and AQ1200 is a deal u can not beat.
CDT up front and some AQ for ur bass with a well built box i know u will be very happy.

for HU i really like kenwood.. the excellon is pretty nice. for the money i think excellon or JVC is the best........ but then again HU comes down to a lot on just want u like. try to get 24bit and 4volt pre outs or higher! i just know u can get the kenwood ones pretty cheap with everything u need like bluetooth and that stuff

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11255
is that box in your trunk ported or sealed? and if you can measure it we could figure out a sub that would work well in it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Alright I'll get back to you on the measurements and I believe it's sealed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Like measure the hole in the box for the sub? or the entire box itself?

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 353
The entire box. As many demensions as possible.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
ah geez, it's pretty big I mean it takes up my entire trunk.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2479
we need to know the cubic feet of the box. the area and opening size of the port if it is ported.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11259
Well going by that descreption it sounds like a fairly large box...

I would recommend you a Fi Q 15", that sub works well in a fairly wide range of sealed boxes. Then a 1000-1500w amp, Audioque 1200d is the best deal around for that.

Thats $265 for the sub and $250 for the amp. That leaves you enough for a really nice HU, and wiring. Alpine rules the HU department but kenwood and JVC's higher end lines also have some competitive units.

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 370
hay M.S. didn't you order a cda 117 not to long ago? if that was you, how do you like it?

not thread jacking, just wondering.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2480
alpine does make good stuff... but i will never buy one... just because i think they are ugly. hahaha

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1020
I actually prefer the way Alpine HUs look. That's one of the main things I like about them. I also find them rather simple to use.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
So a AQ HDC3 wouldn't be a good choice for me?

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 138
My opinion on that kind of budget, becuase thats what i was under a little while ago im starting to add more now but...

Fi SSD 15" - from what you have said the sub gets loud and sounds pretty nice in a sealed with the copper coils.
-$200
the AQ1200 - 250
or for a cheaper but still pretty alright amp Hifonics HFi1000D -190
knukoncepts 4ga wireing kit - $60?

for a deck, i saw a pretty decent jvc deck a few weeks ago that was like $160

DIAMOND AUDIO D363.5's for the components around $200 on ebay.

and a Kicker 08ZX200.2 - 114

pretty nice sounding settup for around $900 when you add all the odds and ends in and shipping >_<

take it or leave it just my opinion

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Do you guys know anything about Lanzar amps? They a good quality brand?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
CL-S60A - CDT Audio Classic 6.5" and I was thinking about those for my components, do you think that Kicker amp would work for those also?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
or CL-61A they are 20 more watts and like and a few dollars more expensive would that make any difference?

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1024
Do not get a Lanzar. Kicker makes ok amps.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11261
no i dont have a 117, must be someone else you were thinking of

I agree alpines always just look great. Nice and simple, does the job without flashy stuff.

Lanzar sux. Kicker does make good amps.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 689
I agree, stay away from lanzar. Kicker amp would be good for a set of comps.
15'' Fi Q on an aq1200d sounds like a nice setup to me! I hear good things about cdt,might wanna check out dls too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
So should I get those CDT comps? Do the 20 watts on the other one make a difference? or just stick with the cheaper ones and 20 less watts?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Also another question will I be able to connect the AQ1200D to another amp to run my Components? I didn't see 2 sets or rca jacks on it

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11266
The hu will have outputs for your sub amp and speaker amp. Youd run one set of rca cables to each.

And no AQ subs would not be a good choice for a sealed box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Well I have a HU but I thought it was messed up and I don't know if I really wanna spend the extra money for another one but it only has 1 set of RCAs and my friend told me I can just run the Component amp to the sub amp and it would work

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Atleast for now I can get another HU in the future when I get more money saved up

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2481
the HDC3 is a good choice for u... audioque is the best for the price ,,, for sealed ssd or Q is good...i dont think u will be happy with sealed.. i say go ported..
u can run ur HU and make it work.. then maybe save and get a new HU later.. just keep in mind ur HU controls everything so it is important. but saving for a better one might be a good thing.
for the CDT stuff...... ur looking at old models.. prolly from email. go to this site. http://www.vertexaudio.com/
email the guy from that site and tell him how much u want to spend. he will get u something that is this years model at a better price than u can find on ebay or anything other place. i promises !

AQ1200 good
that wire kite good
FI Q sealed... i would port it..
hdc3... will be louder if u port it.
that kicker amp might be ok.. maybe u can get it cheaper. i would email the guy at vertex audio and maybe he can also find u a cheaper amp that is just as good or better.

looks like u will get a good set up... i just think u will want something louder if u have something sealed.. ported really gets better output

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
I will have to get a better look at this box, it's so big I wouldn't even know how to take it out of my trunk lol I can't put anything else in the trunk it's fitted to the entire trunk haha but I'll give it a better look today

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
And I already have 0 gauge wiring too so I mean I wouldn't have to buy wiring, just for the new amp for my comps

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
And are the older models bad? Should I not even consider buying them?

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11269
dblk:

Have you ever heard a fi Q (or two) sealed, enough power, in a good install, etc?

If not don't tell him he won't be happy with it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Okay, so this box right is built into my car I don't know how else to explain it I can't just lift it out of my trunk the bottom looks like it's some tar stuff all over it I dunno it's crazy lol I could take a picture of it and upload it haha it would probably explain it better than me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
and my HU is just a JVC KD-R300 I got awhile ago..I don't know if it's good or not lol

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2482
i think that jvc is ehhhh... u can upgrade later to something with 4volt rcas.
M.S... i know the Q ... i wouldn't be happy with it sealed... in my setup i wouldn't be happy with anything sealed.. sq is just not as important to me. i think most of the time noobs just want loud and don't care to much about SQ or can't even tell the difference in how it sounds.. they can just tell louder is louder.. maybe i am just a bass head.. but idk y he wouldn't go ported

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2483
lets see pix of this box...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Well it's dark out now, tomorrow I'm gunna have a friend take a look at it, it's some piece of artwork LOL, but I was looking at Fi BTLs they look like quite a sub

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1037
The BTLs are going to be a SPL woofer. They're also going to like a lot of power. Power like that is going to be $$ and take some nice electrical upgrades.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
With a vented box do you think I should go with the HDC3 or the Q if i'm looking for something that is louder?

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1155
maybe a BL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Would that be louder than a HDC3?

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1156
The BL Series fills the gap between the all out SPL monster and a solid daily driver. Featuring a chamfered solid pole piece and standard double stack motor structure with 8.660" magnets as the foundation for a truly tough subwoofer, you can choose from a variety of options to custom tailor the sub for your exact application. With the addition of the hyper chamfer, or our patent pending heli-cooling channels along with the Daily option, you can bump up the subs thermal capacity for long term daily driving abuse. Looking for an ultra tough SPL sub? Choose the SPL option, the extreme lead wire, one of the 8 layer aluminum flatwind voicecoils, add power, and let it rip. With head cracking upper bass and brutal low end, the BL handles the extremes with ease.

BL15

DUAL 1 | DUAL 2

Fs: 33.6 Hz | 33.6 Hz
Re: 0.7 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coil
Qms: 5.21 | 5.21
Qes: .28 | .28
Qts: .27 | .27
Mms: 261g | 261g
Cms: 0.86mm/N | 0.86mm/N
Sd: 810cm^2 | 810cm^2
Vas: 78.9 l | 78.9 l
Spl: 91.8dB 1W/1m | 91.8dB 1W/1m
Bl: 16.6 N/A | 22.7 N/A
Xmax: 18mm | 18mm
Rms: 1000W * | 1000W *
Sealed box: N/A cuft | N/A cuft
Ported box: 3-5cuft | 3-5cuft
Sub OD: 15.625" | 15.625"
Cut ID: 14.125" | 14.125"
Mounting depth: 8.250" * | 8.250" *
Displacement: 0.21cuft * | 0.21cuft *

Standard 3-7 business day build time.
Plus 2-5 business days ship time via UPS ground.

Click to see the dustcap colors.

Product code: 0021215
Price: $ 294.00

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Anyone know if the older models of CDT are worth buying? They would save me some money

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11274
If you are willing to get rid of the sealed box and go ported, and want loud, then yes the hdc3 or btl are both good choices. I had recommend the Q b/c I was thinking you wanted to keep that box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Yeah I know what would be the difference between the hdc3 or the bl?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
and what about the older model CDTs would they be fine to buy?

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 141
get some diamond audio D363.5's they are like $200 and pretty nice. unless your looking for something cheaper.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Fcking H0M0S , Wear FipFlops!! US

Post Number: 4975
The Q would hit lower then the above...

Polo

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1158
i do love my Q, just wish it was a little louder then 142.4 db.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
I think I'm going to get the HDC3 and some older CDT comps

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2484
the Q the HDC3 and the BL will be loud... but louder and different notes... the Q is loud lower and the AQ is loud higher... if u ever want to upgrade i would get the AQ... if u care about price i would get the AQ... if u want lows i would get the Q..if u want loud daily music and don't plan on upgrading to a monster amp get the BL.. i have owned a BL and AQ... i really feel like the BL is more musical.. my build was different for both... but for some reason the AQ seems louder... but when u do the math the BL looks the best..

i would almost just get the AQ to show off the big magnet. haha.

old CDT stuff is still good... but y would u do that?? email the guy from that site i gave u. and tell him what ur looking at. he can get u the newer model of the same thing for a cheaper price. trust me! just email that guy.

the diamond audio nolan is talking about... u can get that for like 140... but wouldn't ...
if u didn't read it above ill tell u again!!
vertexaudio.com

and his email is support@vertexaudio.com

or u can just do this!!
http://www.vertexaudio.com/store/pc/contact.asp

i am telling u... email this guy and tell him ur price range for everything upstage and amp... i know !! he will get u some nice CDT stuff cheaper than u have ever seen.... amps... maybe idk. he might even have stuff that u can't see on his site. if u do want old model stuff he can prolly get that too.....
don't ask us about speakers until u ask this guy!
i forgot his name... but if i ever get CDT stuff he is the only person i buy for

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Alright I messaged him thanks I'll wait to see what he says

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
I think the HDC3 and the AQ1200D would be nice..

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2485
ya it would... just post pix of ur box. if u end up with a good box u will have a nice set up

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
Well I have a 12" in HDC3 or the other one..and I dunno if I wanna get it now but I'd be upgrading to a 15" how much difference is there in a 12" and 15"?

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11278
3 inches.

lol. The 15" would be noticably louder on the same power, assuming you have the space for the correct box for it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Yeah..But I mean I had a 12" would it just be worth upgrading to a 15 or just buying a different sub? Do you know how big the demensions should be on a 15" sub box?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Is MA Audio a good brand?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Also can 2 ohm subs be only wired to 2 ohm on the amp or can you wire a 2 ohm sub to 1 ohm on the amp?

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11279
demensions of the box will depend on the sub.

if the sub is DVC (dual voice coil) 2 ohm, it can be wired to 1 ohm NOT 2 ohms. if single coil 2 ohm, then it's 2 ohms.

as for ma audio

Upload

that answer your question? lol.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1049
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Ah damn I found some MA speakers and amp and it was like amazing price for it all so I was just wondering lol

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2486
the price that the aq1200 is and the HDC3 is an amazing price.... u wont find a better deal on an amp

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2487
the price that the aq1200 is and the HDC3 is an amazing price.... u wont find a better deal on an amp

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1171
big sale on sundown atm http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/10634-used-b-stock-refurbished-am ps-and-misc/

ALL USED SUNDOWN AMPS HAVE 1-YEAR WARRANTY

USED OTHER BRAND AMPS HAVE NO WARRANTY

Some amps will have boxes and some will not.

7x SAZ-3000D NEW CASE
* Excellent condition - $625 each shipped (x3)
* B-Stock / Beat Up (not pretty but work fine) - $500 each shipped (x4)

6x SAZ-3500D NEW CASE
* Excellent condition - $750 each shipped (x4)
* Some scratches - $700 each shipped (x1)

2x SAZ-1500D OLD CASE
* SOLD 8/9/10 *

5x SAZ-1500D NEW CASE
* Excellent Condition - $375 each shipped (x1)
* B-Stock / Beat up - $275 each shipped (x3)

18x SAZ-2000D NEW CASE
* Excellent Condition - $450 each shipped
* Some scratches - $400 each shipped
* Don't have exact count of each type... but most of them are excellent condition.

1x SAX-1200D Prototype
* SOLD 8/9/10 *

1x SAZ-1000D NEW CASE
* Great shape - no box - $200 shipped

1x AQ-1200D
* SOLD 8/6/10*

1x RD 1750.1 v2 (Korean Made)
* $300 shipped

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2491
did u end up buying anything?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Well I haven't bought anything yet.. I'm still trying to decide..if I should go with a 15" HDC3 even though I have a 12" one..or just get a different brand of sub..I just want something that is loud not to much sq

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
If I wanted to get the Fi BTL and a nice amp to go with it...and upgraded my alternator what amps should I look for in a high output alternator?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Do you think a 130 Amp Alternator + the Big 3 would do it?

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1072
You want to make sure you're getting a quality name, so you know it will put out the power it says it will. One of the most important factors is how much amperage the alt will produce at idle. That way you don't stop at a stop light and have a huge drop in power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Alright what would be a quality name alt?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
What type of Amp should I get for two 12s and any ideas on a good pair of 12s that are loud?

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2503
y do u keep changing ur mind and the topic...

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1076
Digital Designs makes great subs that may fit what you're looking for. Quality alts are Mechman and DC Power Engineering. If you upgrade your alt, pay the difference and get the largest available so there won't be a need to upgrade again if the time ever arises. A BTL would get plenty loud, so would the HDC3 and the digital designs. The enclosure is going to be key as well.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2505
i vote btl if money is not something to worry about... and really if u want pure spl i would say atomic apxx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
lol why does it matter dBlk..I'm just trying to get suggestions before I go buy like over a grand of stuff..what's the big deal?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Alright I'll take a look at all those but I think I'm pretty set on two 12"s I'll take a look at all those brands of stuff then thanks, maybe some ideas on some amps too?

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1204
saz-2000d / saz-2500d / aq2200 / T1500-1bdCP / T2500-1bdCP. just to name a few for ~2k total, anything over 2k you are going to want to add cooling to the FI subs, other subs not sure.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1205
i forget how much power where you looking for BTW.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Yeah I'm still looking for some two 12"s

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1208
ok. different 12's have different power they can handle from 5watts to 5000 watts, you just want loud as balls or sound quality, give us a 1-10 scale of how important each is to you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
just loud as balls lol no quality for this system

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2506
atomic apxx for spl.... or american bass HD ... BTL..(the btl still sounds nice)
DD9500 .......... best for spl i think.. RD super heavy weight if u can still get RD stuff is also good .

but... those cost a lot... a pair of BL 12s would be very nice with 2k

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Do you think a pair of HDC3 12s would be nice too?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
2 12s HDC3 on a AQ2200D amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
^^^ with that set-up do you think I'd have to upgrade my alt or battery?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15173
if you have a 130 amp alternator I wouldnt run more than 1000 watts (audioque 1200.1 turned down) so if you want to go with two subs go with two audioque 2.5 12's if you have the room for them or go with a single hdc3 12...one of the hdc's wont be more than 1 or two db less loud than two 2.5 audioque 12's....the single hdc 12 is what I would go with if I was in your shoes

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
what would be louder 2.5 12's or 1 15" HDC3?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15175
id guess the 15 would only lose by 1 db which isnt much....by the way the 2.5's are more musical than the hdc3's

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8095
you have a honda civi wich probaly has a small alt..

alil less than 80 amps so lets say 50 for the car then you have 30 amps left...

30x14 volts.

lets stay around 500 rms of power

you have a honda civic and hatchback wich means that a good system that even if its low powered will sound like a 1k rms or even 2k rms sound system.. because you car it has a small area inside..

ok heres your amp
http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-X600-1-CLASS-D-AMP-1200-WATT-MAX-AMPLIFIER-/130 413404259?pt=Car_Amplifiers

the good thing about these amps is that they will push the 600 rms not matter at what impedance i recomend running at 4 ohm since 4 ohms is more efficient that a 1 ohm load..

the subs you can chose between

2 of these
http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-Gold-RSd12D-12-700W-Dual-4-ohm-Car-Sub-Woofer-/30044 9142093?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures

or 1 or even 2 will work fine on the amp
http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-Gold-RSd12D-12-700W-Dual-4-ohm-Car-Sub-Woofer-/30044 9142093?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures

in my case i will chose the first ones

the components get this
http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-RSD65CS-6-5-Component-Speakers-RSD-65CS-/120599 843462?pt=Car_Speakers

the amp components get this amp
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Phoenix-Gold-RSd250-2-Car-2-Channel-Amplifier-Amp-/29046 0420137?pt=Car_Amplifiers

and finally the head unit
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22378_Pioneer+DEH-P6200BT.html

with this set up you will have a really nice sound system that will give you the sq benefits..out of a low electrical system..

and because you have a honda civic well it get pretty loud.. not competition loud but listening loud...

if you dont care well u need to change your alternato to a high output one wich is a really expensive option and buy expensive electrical wire... a few batts bulky and heavy wich you will lose some miles per gallon with the alt and the heavy stuff...

well simply get an audioque hd3 and a 1200 rms and up amp.. i suggest a xenon 1200.1 to keep it towards sq..

but if you want it for everyday listening stick with my first recomendation ;)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
Okay..GI Rob every link you gave me the listing has been taken off lol..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
My car is not a hatchback either

Gold Member

Post Number: 8100
really?? dude cuz i can acces them..

just take the model of the links and find them

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2509
i think one 15 is louder than 2 12s when it comes to burps... single subs usually win in set ups like urs. ...

the sd2.5s with a aq1200 is prolly more what ur looking at. i am guessing u want to show off and not go to comps. that set up would "sound louder"

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15176
rob is right hondas have small alternators....hes also right about sticking to about 500 watts

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15177
actually dblk from our experience two subs is louder than one 15 but sometimes its only .4 db louder ....it depends on the vehicle.... sometimes a second sub yeilds the full 6 db with the double power to sub ratio but thats rare

Bronze Member
Username: Erazno_1

Post Number: 19
Hey sean can you give me a call? i sent the payment..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
So a AQ1200D amp and a 15" HDC3 wouldn't be good or would it still run?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15182
you will need an alternator upgrade if your going to go that route....but if you want to stay within means using your stock alternator id suggest a audioque 2.5 and a 2 ohm amp to drive it an alpine amp would fit that bill

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2514
hey sean. what cars have u tested that with 12s and a single 15? was it for burps or music? my boxes are fa rt boxes... but the single sub always got louder.. in a blazer, gti and caviler trunk .. maybe musical boxes get something different

Gold Member

Post Number: 4986
I guess I'm lucky my Cooper has a stock 150A alt

Polo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8117
if u meant mini cooper..

yeah rite... they have 70 amps alt

Gold Member

Post Number: 4988
How many are in little village? BTW a 2009 mini cooper clubman uses a 150A alternator and after that one takes a crap I already have a 250A waiting for it..

Polo.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15185
dblk crx and others and it was for burps....the one that got 6 db louder with twice the power and sub was a 83 vw scricco i believe

Gold Member

Post Number: 8120
polo im in mexico at the moment stupid..

my cousin works for a bmw dealership and just bought a mini cooper i dont wat model but is convertible..

they have like 70 to 100 amps alts..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4989
Your in Mexico and your calling me supid lol ? Your commenting on something you know nothing about which is the usual for you lol. I didn't say a convertible I didn't say someone elses cooper I said MY cooper! Once again Hoto MY Cooper has a 150A from the factory and it does lol. You really need to stop generalizing vehicles makes you sound even more stupid.

Polo.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2516
ummm well sean.. i will remember that and not give up on testing a pair compared to a single sub

Bronze Member
Username: Erazno_1

Post Number: 20
Hey Sean just want to know when are going to ship the amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Hey guys you should take your argument to a different thread lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us