Wiring up two amplifers

Username: Bikerjoes

Post Number: 1
Would appreciate it if anyone could give me any advice as i'm new to this car audio lark. I have a situation where i need to wire up two amplifers, for my car audio set up. One amp to power two JBL subs, and the other to power my 6X9 speakers. I have a BT3600U Headunit, which will power these. In order to run two amps, do i need two wiring kits? Can i simply run two power leads to my battery? Will the remote wires function if i split them into one?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5323
The remote wire from the headunit will turn on several amplifiers with no problem (anyone know the limit on this, or if there is one? I've never tried it). But I've successfully turned on 4+ amps off one remote wire.

For the power wire, get a wiring kit that can handle the power of both amps, then just use a distribution block to split the power wire into two smaller wires that can be accepted by the amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Shopvac

Post Number: 34
remote wire should work for 2 amps, alternatively a relay can be used...>>remote wire turns on relay coil, relay contact relays power to rem of amp ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us