New Tv

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5115
hey guys its been a while been busy getting married and buying a house. My question is for 1500 what tv should I get im looking for a 46-52" either samsung sony or LG only please best tv for the money thank you very much.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1874
i got a 32" LG and i love it esp when i play xbox on it.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3178
Crutchfield has free shipping for everything going on right now. i'm personally a Sony guy but Samsung and LG make great sets as well. Sony or Samsung would be my choice. 52" for 1500 might be out of your choices unless you're willing to sacrifice some quality or go fluorescent.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_30546C5000/Samsung-UN46C5000.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_15846EX600/Sony-KDL-46EX600.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_15846EX700/Sony-KDL-46EX700.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_68947LE54/LG-47LE5400.html

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11229
Anything LCD with LED backlight

Check out Vizio and Sanyo they have very competitive prices and decent quality

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5120
ya i think im gonna go with the 46" led by samsung for like 1400

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5783
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889102361

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 677
Ive got a 42'' Vizio 1080p 120hz
not a bad tv at all for the money

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 996
IMO Samsung makes the best tv. Get an LED if you don't mind paying the difference. You can def save money going with a LCD but there is a difference in picture quality. Believe it or not, last time I checked Best Buy had some competitive prices on tvs.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11230
Um guys an "LED" model IS an LCD screen. LED is the backlight instead of a fluorescent backlight. Its still an LCD screen.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3174
A lil over your budget but i would get a samsung led tv. I got my self a 7 series and i love it.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1674
I remember looking a while ago and i narrowed things down to samsung. From what i have heard led is a complete waste of money(no personal experience though). Also i think when i was looking a was leaning towards the plasma tv's.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Fcking H0M0S , Wear FipFlops!! US

Post Number: 4961
I deliver/install this sh!t I myself own a plasma and play 360 all day long. Go to BestBuy and do a little dealing with them they have the best prices anywhere and if not they will price match! To my eyes any LCD is to slow and seems to suffer from motion blur especially in high speed action movies. The same goes for fast video games even when played on the 240hz . Now a plasma to me is much faster and does not suffer from the above plus not to mention it is much cheaper. Now don't believe it when people say plasms doesn't last as long that is not true nowadays ! Plasmas have become much more efficient and don't even incorporate cooling fans anymore. Their is a few things you need to take care while running a plasma like don't pause for long periods of time and reducing contrast/brightness setting for a breakin period but other than that I have found no problems at all. Now most of the new plasmas say they are 600hz this is misunderstood it is 60 hz x 10 subfields this gives it its speed but this can also cause a slight humm at super low volumes I never even notice it. For $1500 you can get a 58" Samsung plasma but if I were you go with a 50" or even a 46 and grab the matching bluray player and/or a service agreement.

Polo

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3176
Joe the Samsung LED is not a waste. Check out the 7 and 8 series.
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1675
I don't remember the reasoning but about six months ago when i was looking the price/quality difference was a little out of proportion. But i would definitely say samsung is the way to go with lg coming in second.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1742
I own a Samsung and will definitely recommend it. However, i hear Sony's Bravia line is very good too. My friend has one of their Bravia TV and it looks amazing.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3179
XBR ftw Upload

i may have an ancient fluorescent lit display but it still looks damn good haha.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1000
I have the same Cox Cable box

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Fcking H0M0S , Wear FipFlops!! US

Post Number: 4967
LED isn't a waste it is a great TV just overpriced and to some who like to watch fast movies, a tad slow. You can get a plasma almost as thin but I opted for the middle series as their would be greater space in the chassis to promote better cooling. Nice mount but when you get to the upper 50's in size an articulated mount looks scary as hell oh and a plasma has a wider field of view no need to move the screen to view it ;)

Polo.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15139
I agree if you want the ultimate go with plasma
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us