Opinions needed for new setup.

Silver Member
Username: Skateguy92

Post Number: 109
Have not posted on here in forever, but I was needing some suggestions on what to put in my new car.

Its a 350z, its going to be of a more SQ oriented setup.

Right now it has a JL 750/1 hooked up to a JL 13TW5 slimline. I think im going to stick with these components.. The W5 actually sounds real good.

Now I need to figure out what to use for the component set up front (6.5) and maybe some real fill 6.5" coax's as well.

Also I need to find a nice 100x2@4ohm amp... probably a Sundown or something comparable.

Any ideas? Not trying to go all expensive either just something that sounds good (got lucky and the JL stuff came with the car)

(this isn't a wanted/sale ad.. More or less looking for some opinions... Although I do have a couple RE SE 12's, AQ1200, and a 10" REVO for trade for these things :-P)

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2288
geeeez.......

i would install the aq1200

and install both RE SE 12s or the single revo 10

sell the JL stuff. use the JL money for components and an amp for the components

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2289
you have a lot of nice equipment either way

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 362
^^x2 on both..

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
Lol believe me I thought about the same thing.

My reason why im keeping the JL is to be honest, the SQ from the amp/woofer is awesome... Sure I could find something else to do the same job, but remember this is a 350z. I don't have the biggest area to work with.. and that w5 is only 2.5" thick with a 600rms rating. Sick woofer.

I actual already have the W5 in a custom box (well custom trimmed to look good) behind the seats in the hatch area forward of the strut bar that goes across.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1662
I have heard one of those w5's before and it was very impressive. If you already have the jl sub and amp i would go for a decent jl four channel or even a 300/2 and try those new jl c5's. I heard they sound very nice.At least that's my opinion, for that type of system it is nice to match.

Do you have the jl HD750/1 that's the only one that i can recall with those numbers?

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
Yea it's the HD750/1

Gold Member

Post Number: 1665
That"s a very nice amp. What exactly is your budget. The jl route might be a little pricey but i think you would be pleased.

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
The JL might be out of my budget, it would be cool to match everything but for the price I probably will go with something else.

I really don't need anything spectacular (I had a set of $70 PG RSD comps in my truck before this and I thought they sounded fine), probably wanting to spend less than $200 for the comps and around the same for the amp, maybe a little less... I know I can get a sundown 100.2 for ~ $160-180.

The amps will be hidden also, so the only thing you are going to see is the w5.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1666
Sundown makes very nice equipment. Another company you should check out is cresendo i know they have a pretty decent four channel for around that price. As for component i seem a couple sets of the old a/d/s components on ebay that may suite you very well. I will see if i can pull a couple of them up.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3073
DLS is a very nice choice for components. They sound great IMO. Im running DLS MS6A 6.5 comps and I love them. Check them out

http://cgi.ebay.com/DLS-REFERENCE-MS6A-6-1-2-2-Way-CAR-COMPONENT-SYSTEM-/1604579 43011?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item255c09e7e3

How much do you want for the 10" Revo? Pics,condition?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1668
It seems someone already jumped on the a/d/s comps. I have read good things about the DLS above from multiple people.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
Trying to get $210 shipped for the revo... it has a slight dent in the cone from a wild air hockey puck. You really gotta have it in the right light to even notice it. Other than that its in really good condition.

I've heard good things about DLS as well, I'll have to check them out.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them comin.

Silver Member
Username: Gutteer

Fort atkinson/Marshall, WI

Post Number: 129
i would really like to get that AQ cause thats the amp i need for my future setup what would you want for it shipped?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16504
DLS for comps & coax - great speakers & they r reasonably priced on ebay ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
Eric I will let the AQ go for $180 shipped.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11220
Damn thats a good price

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11222
Austin I PM'd you check your email
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums