Anybody ever used or heard any RE RE series 8s ? ...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16497
what is ur opinion ???

there r pretty cheap & have a rather amazing 22.8hz fs so i expect some nice clean lows from these , at least in theory

was thinking about buying 4 just to play the fool with it since i have never owned or worked with any 8s b4 .....

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8181
Ok subs...at least the old version was. From what I have seen, the newer RE stuff just doesn't hold a candle to what they did 'back in the day'.

Even the old ones wouldn't handle all that much power.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23212
Where's Wolfman?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16499
^i remember that - the dude had a pair on a PG 400wrms amp & felt like a million bux ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16500
btw did they remodel the Re RE series too or did it remain unchanged ? ..

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1203
i was wanting to do the same thing a few years back rovin.
bought one from chaunceybrown and he packaged it terribly. all it had was a single, very thin layer of bubble wrap around it. needless to say the magnet was really messed up when i got it. tried to get him to help with the insurance claim and he wouldnt. wouldnt even consider returning my money either.
so i just bit the loss on that one and never pursued it again

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16501
^ oh crap ...

they r pretty cheap on ebay - 50 bux shipped !

http://cgi.ebay.com/RE-AUDIO-REx-8-350W-CAR-STEREO-SPEAKER-SUBWOOFER-REx8-/36027 9925332?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item53e25b6254

u cud buy a dozen for only $600 & stick em in a suv for some nice SQL ....

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23215
Seriously though a good set of 8's will do you justice. Given they are only 8's.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8182
Dear god....wolfman's 8s...um yea...um
I built that box, and sold him the 8s.

Originally got them in a trade w/ Kevin.

On a side note, I did my shop-use DD510a in a 45min build box on a 150w @ 4ohm old MTX amp for one of my customers for alittle SPL comp we hosted this week at a local car show. One of the guys from the local Kicker dealer saw a 2 CVX12 on ~1500w system run and only hit 135.5dB in a suburban (crap install form traders village in TX)....The DD510a ran earlier that day and did 138.1dB....on the 150w amp, in an accord. Talked to the guy from the kicker dealer at the show (he is a nice guy). Got a call this morning from him....He had to be 100% sure that 1-10" on 150w really beat 2-CVX12 on 1500w. (i'm pretty sure I was on speaker phone during that call, heard echos pretty clearly...???)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16502
somebody call d FBI because canaan hijacked my thread - ...j\p

who has used this 8 : http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=027 924;p=0

seems to be a DD1000b clone ? ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16505
nobody ?????

last night i got a demo of 3 RE RE 8s tuned 35 hz but bandpass to play between only 32-40hz , they hit hard for just about 600-700wrms , the output was impressive for that limited range they were playing but the owner said its a temp set up & he will be doing a new box

im going to call the local RE dealer in my country to arrange for a demo of his 3 8s & then i will know if im taking the 4 for sure ...

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15125
I dont think youll be impressed with them Rovin....I have a re 12 of that series and put it in a 1 cf sealed box it didnt get very loud but was clean enough to use as an sq sub in that box (I kid you not)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16506
cool ^

well i cant get the demo from the dealer again since he sold his set & has only a pair remaining & i wanted 4

think i will shelve this plan for now or maybe if i see some other 8s to play the fool with i will buy those ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us