Adding some RMS to the system, any opinions.

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 127
So I am planning to add around 150 more rms to my system by adding some Diamond Audio D1 6.5" comonents and an older phionex gold 150 rms amp. I am running 1k rms to a FI SSD 15" and at my max vol i can drop down to 13's and mid 12's. Would i be safe/ would my voltage drop more adding the extra 150rms for my components. I am using a red top duralast batt., no big 3, and ill be changing my wiring to 0ga then splitting it off to 4 ga for my 1000 and my 150 rms amps. Also what do you think about the D1s, and are there any other comps that would be a better choice for my application.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2357
Adding more current draw will lower your voltage more if you're having a problem. I'd upgrade your factory alternator- nothing crazy like a 300+, just better than factory.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1117
and maybe do your big 3

Silver Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 128
Okay, well i guess its pretty hard to change the alt in a passat, but i have a friend that is like a certified VW mechanic so ill prolly have him do it.

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 322
The big 3 would help like death said.

Silver Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 130
Along with my stock alt, may be a dumb question but im jw :-P

Silver Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 132
Would that added to my stock alt help, or would it be wise to upgrade my alt before doing my big 3, may be a dumb question -_- lol. but im jw.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2358
it can be beneficial at any point. I would go ahead and do it if possible.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us