Bass knob installation help please!!

Bronze Member
Username: Dodge03quad

Post Number: 13
Hey guys,

my local audioshop wanted 30 bucks to install a bass knob. I denied their offer because I trust yalls posts to guide me through. If you could give me a step by step installation on this it would be awesome.

I have a 03 dodge ram quad with a rockford fosgate 300 amp under the drivers seat with 2 10 inch p1 subs. THANKS!

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1872
bass knob installation should just consist of plugging the telephone wire into your amp and then the other end to the knob and then you mount it somewhere.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1077
you don't need the bass knob unless its a remote gain. bass boost is useless in daily life.

if you really feel you need it i wont say you cant. its more or less just run the wire to the amp plug it in and you are good to go. you can use Velcro or screws to mount the knob or just shove it some where.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 944
sell it

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Tucker, Georgia United States

Post Number: 400
Dont use it, just set your gains conservatively and be happy with that.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 954
I use my bass knob some. Mainly when I'm looking for a little extra boost. I notice some songs need a little extra help sometimes on the bass so I adjust accordingly. If I'm going for more SQ I keep it all the way down, or just a smidge up. I do find it useful though.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11213
As stated here, you don't want a bass boost knob, can you say clipping...

If you want a bass LEVEL knob look at the PAC LC1. They don't cost too much and simple as hell to install, it just plugs in-line between the HU and your RCA cables.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1113
go go gadget sundown gain knob? or is that different?

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1873
i have a saz1500d i use my knob its a gain knob.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11226
Yea i've heard that on the sundowns they do it right.. but on most cheaper amps it is a boost knob

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 672
I hooked mine up on my aq1200 for the purposes of the clipping light,but when its plugged in it seems like it cancels out the settings on the amp. Like when its plugged in its not as loud. Weird!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us