Want to go mono

Username: Kenny220

Post Number: 1
I have 2 digital audio 2-8 ohm subs say 800 watts and a volfenhag zx 8400 2000w amp and I want to go mono whats the best amp for these subs?I want to pound.Thanks

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 182
So, are they single 8 ohm woofers. Your above post doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Post Number: 2
Sorry They are 12" dvc 4ohm each coil 8ohm overall if in series.2ohm in parallel.

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
Alright thanks. What model of Digital Audio woofers do you have? I used to own a 4 Digital Audio DA9012's.

Post Number: 3
I know my Volfenhag is way underrated so Im looking to push these subs harder.I'm looking on ebay.250.00ish price range.

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
You mean *over rated*. What is the rms on each woofer?

Post Number: 4
They are DA7012.

Post Number: 5
Yeah Overrated.800 watt rms

Silver Member

Post Number: 186
Finding a good quality amp that puts out around 1600 rms is going to be hard with you being in the 250 dollar price range. For 250 dollars, one amp comes into mind, that amp is the Elemental Designs ED Nine.1. It is rated at 1200 rms @ 1 ohm @ 12.5 volts. Now, you will probably be running in the mid 13 volt range so this amp will actually put out more that what it is rated. If you could possibly save up another 100 bucks your options will increase.

Post Number: 6
Yeah but can I run these at 1ohm?

Post Number: 7
I was looking at HIFONICS BXi1610D.

Post Number: 8
or Soundstream RUB1.1600D

Post Number: 9
Well I found a Digital Audio Class A/B Mono 1600 watts RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms.What do you think of their amps?

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
Yes, you can run them at 1 ohm. Wire them in parallel. Hifonics amps are decent budget amps but they are a little over rated. I don't know much about Soundstream but I'd imagine they would be similar to Hifonics. As for Digital Audio, I was running my 4 DA90's off of 2 Digital Audio DAD1504's. I love those amps, very powerful and pretty efficient.
http://www.autosoundswarehouse.com/servlet/the-2319/DAD1504-Digital-dsh-Audio-Mo noblock-Mono/Detail
Now, as for the Digital Audio amp you have in your above post, it won't work! You have 2 dual 4 ohm woofers so you can only wire them to either 8 ohm or 1 ohm. If you want to stay all Digital Audio, then I'd recommend picking up the above DAD1504.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Thanks you have been a great help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
Oh, I realized I made a mistake in my above post you can only wire yours subs to either 4 ohm or 1, not 8 or 1. My bad. Also, your welcome.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Hey was also thinking maybe running two of the Digital Audio DAB16001 they can run 800 watt rms at 4ohm.That would be more efficient on the amps right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
My bad I don't think I can wire just 1 sub for 4 ohm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Why do they make things so complicated?Just make a matching set sub and amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
More efficient, no. Class A/B amps are only about 50% efficient as opposed to a Class D being around 75-80%. Also, those class A/B amps draw a lot more current since they aren't as efficient. So, you will actually be hurting your electrical system more in the long run. Plus, running two sub amps that aren't strapped together you get into problems such as amp matching and what not. Trust me, you'll be spending roughly 130-150 on each amp depending on how much shipping is so, you'd be better off just spending the money on DAD1504. You will be happy you did.

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
Lol right! Your right you can't wire a single dual 4 ohm woofer to 4 ohm so, yeah lol you wouldn't be able to do that anyways. Just go with the DAD1504. It's a little expensive but, you love it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Great thanks again.

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
Yup. Anything else just ask.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help