Custom Tahoe Quad alt bracket

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2313
Here's the first template back from the machine shop. It is just a bit off from where it needs to be, so after the adjustments are made Monday it will be cut in 1/4" steel.

I just wanted to give a preview: CAD drawn, laser cut. The final product will be powder coated black, which I should have the prototype of the beginning of the week, and installed same or next day

Again these are just templates till we get things right, then it will be cut in thicker material.

Upload
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14614
nice

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 525
You got some skill man! How did you get so good at all this stuff? I try,but nothing ever seems to come out the way i want it. I keep trying though.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14624
it helps to have the right tools

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8121
What year and engine does your Tahoe have?

This same design might fit my Avalanche and come in handy...if I ever win the lotto, lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2314
Canaan I have an '01 Tahoe with 5.3l V8.

This bracket can run 1, 2, or 3 alts instead with pulley relocation
Or I was going to eventually make dual and triple brackets for the same engine. I still don't know the final price per bracket after powder coating but they'll be affordable and very high quality.

I'm not that great, but as Sean said it helps to have tools and take the time to do things right. When working on something you can have quality, speed, and afford-ability. Normally you can only have 2 out of 3 of these- take your pick. I've been working very slow

Gold Member

Post Number: 2315
I dropped off the template with changes this morning, I should have a working prototype tomorrow. I sure hope I can get it with vids tomorrow

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 900
me 2, looking forward to it.

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 295
^x2

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3847
Awesome work so far man.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2316
Thanks guys. Still waiting on the spacers to be welded on, hopefully it'll be done tomorrow.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23147
Excellent workmanship. Do you do the CAD work and machining yourself too?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2319
Thanks Paul. If I had or could afford the tools I would do the work myself. I hate leaving things in someone else's hands because they can't see the goals in my head- and I have trouble describing every detail to someone who's just chopping up some metal for money.

Unfortunately right now it's just not happening. I've looked into it but for my needs it makes more sense to pay someone else for the work. Just for this bracket I'd have to do the CAD work, then buy a means of cutting out the bracket, then a metal lathe to cut spacers, then a welder to attach the spacers, and finally a means of powder coating. There are all the other 'hidden costs' I didn't mention too, like wiring outlets for these large stationary things and things like blades etc.

Maybe down the road I'll have enough cash or work load, but for now I wouldn't use them enough to justify the purchase.

Funny enough the shop doing my work offered me a position, so I may look into that.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23148
^^^I would hope more as a consultant/fabricator than a drill press dummy.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5336
Very impressed with your work. I would say you have some of the best quality insane builds out there.
How long have you planned this build? And is it going as planned?
I would guess like2-3 months in planning and like 1-1.5 years to complete. Thats with doing it weekends, nites ect..
At least that would be my goal..lol.
I have stuff sitting around that is still in the planning stages..like years worth.

btw, great Family.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2320
It's a huge shop with just a hand full of employees- maybe 12 or so by my count. They do everything from small welding to huge hydraulic ramps. I was told by the owner he was looking for a guy that was well rounded and could jump from one machine to the next and learn quick. They would teach me and give me a lot of hands on experience with dozens of machines I could only wish for right now.

At this point and at 24 years old I know I wont want to work there long. I'd really like to get back into real estate as the market picks up, I love houses, talking to people, and making my own hours. I love public speaking but I can't think of a good paying job to save my life. Also I'll have my networking degree soon, most likely going to waste.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23149
The economy is forcing EVERYONE'S hand right now. There are far too many ppl looking outside their area of expertise for work to pass on a job capable of paying the bills. Everyone needs a life raft at some point. With your skills/knowledge opportunities will surly spring up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2321
Thanks for the confidence lol. It's funny because I've been offered somewhere between 8-10 jobs in the last 2 months without me even asking, but I really don't want to do something that will prevent me looking for something better.

I've had jobs, and I've worked for myself and I can tell you which I've been happier with. I'm just trying to start something that can more than pay the bills, I want to put my kids in private school and buy them go-karts and junk. My goal is not to give them everything they want- but to have the means to. I'm working on it, just trying to figure out which way to go with things.

Like you said with the economy every market right now is flooded with people who want to do it themselves for a buck. Except locally real estate- because a lot of people fell hard when the market crashed. I'm thinking it's a great time to get back in while there are fewer Realtors to compete with.
There are jobs out there that can pay the bills, but I really want to start

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 912
make the go-karts, you could make it so much better and safer.

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 323
that bracket is guna turn out sweet man. and yeah, i would think it's about time to get back in real estate. seems like they need more people with all the 4closed houses just sitting there doing nothing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2322
It's finally done!! I'm ecstatic about this, so please feel free to (anyone) to comment.

It's still not finalized, it's going on the vehicle for testing and if all goes well more will be made and powder coated. Since this is the prototype there was no reason to pay for powder coating yet.

I've purchased alternator brackets before that required drilling mounting holes, or a degree in engineering to figure out since the directions were not narrated and it came in a dozen pieces. This is two large plates that only fit one way, and should take less than 1 hour for anyone with a wrench to install.
On to pics:

A front shot, again before powder coating:
Upload

A back shot of the main piece:
Upload

A side view of the edge, it's rolled over to add strength on that far end.
Upload

Upload

Pulleys added - important first step to make things easier for installation. Lock- nuts and spacers with grade 12.9 metric bolts.
Upload
Upload

First alternator in place
Upload

Clearance from pulley to alt is about 1 mm. This is necessary to give the best belt wrap.

Upload

The plug for the alternator on this bracket should now be attached and the bracket bolted to the frame. It's too dark to do that now so I'll post install pics tomorrow. Then it's just 10 minutes of bolting the extra alts in, and however long it takes to do the wiring.

I'm using a XS Power VCM, which requires extra wiring. I started but my soldering gun tip was messed up, and I bent it the rest of the way in frustration.
I spent almost 5 hours today searching for plugs for my alternators, only to end up crawling through the mud in a scrap yard chopping the harnesses out of wrecked GM trucks lol.

I would have had this bracket on if it wasn't for my inability to find these plugs locally. I will have to find a supplier online and order some new ones I guess.
Upload

Soldering in a small piece of extra wire to one plug
Upload

XS Power will tell you not to splice their harnesses. I don't want to alter my factory wiring so I did it anyway. I split the two center wires, and added about 1 foot of my own. Soldered in, covered in heat shrink tubing, and zip tied back up.
Upload
Upload

I started on the 2nd plug when my soldering iron died.
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 928
nice as usual.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1870
Ha, I have that same exact style soldering gun. Had it for over ten years now. Still works great. Besides the weird humming noise it does I like it alot.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2326
Damn tips get even a little bent and the thing takes 5 minutes to solder a 16 gauge wire. I can't find new tips locally so I had to buy a whole new gun. Resizing pics and uploading in both threads

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 954
woot

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23154

quote:

Clearance from pulley to alt is about 1 mm. This is necessary to give the best belt wrap.

Holy crap! You're not worried about material expansion due to temperature extremes?

And I use those soldering guns myself. They do indeed build up heat and should be left to cool every couple minutes of use. The old fashion pen styles are better IMO.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2329
This just gets hot really fast paul. No, I'm really not worried about expansion. By being so close the belt has the most wrap on the pulley, and no twisting to cause belt rub or wear.

Installed! It worked perfectly the hour or so I had it running, though I'm going to give it hell for a week before going further with powder coating etc etc.

Upload
Upload

Upload

Upload

about 1/4 inch clearance from the fuse box. Plenty of room to run wires over or under the bracket though.

Upload
Upload
Upload

I posted more pics of the VCM in the dash thread, but here's a few
Upload
Upload

Anyone interested in buying one? I'll sell it dirt cheap with black powder coating and ready to install just to get some feedback

Here's a vid

I turned the amp up some, not a lot, but it is a lot louder! I had to turn it down because coffee was shooting 1-2 feet into the air out of my SEALED mug. I've only had it leak when it's turned sideway so that's saying something. I feel pretty confident in the 49.9 class now, though I'll have to get back to the meter.

My voltage dropped to 14.6 for a second, then went back to 14.8 once things got hot.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2330
Also paul, if anyone is really worried about the pulley spacing from the alt it would be very easy to just add a washer to each leg of the alternator. This would give someone another mm between the pulley and alt, but this spacing keeps the belt in a straight line from the engine to the factory alt, through all additional alts and pulleys, and back to the vehicle.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 956
this is a work of art.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2332
Thank you.

I stopped by Best Buy to let a friend who's an installer look at things. While I was there a lot of people looked it over, but my camera battery died so I only got one short vid. The light was flashing the whole time so I wanted to give a good pan around the vehicle, so excuse how crappy it is.

The video doesn't do it justice, It's so much louder. The air movement is great, you can see my shorts were actually blowing around with the door wide open- and this wasn't full tilt. My voltage stays at 14.8, in the video it dips to 14.3 for a second, but it goes right back up regardless of how loud it's playing. I was going to add more batteries but there just isn't a point. There's more wiring to do, but I am extremely pleased with how well this setup is doing!

I was really displeased with my 380 amp units from Iraggi, but the 220s he sent me are working great, and look sexy as hell.

Also a guy came out that worked there asking if I was the one pissing of the customers, and I said yes. He laughed and told me how he could hear me from inside the bathrooms on the complete opposite side of the store.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 979
and thats how you know you are having fun.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15060
thats great that you can run that much power and not have voltage drop

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23163
^^^ Even at idle.

I'm curious as to the HP all those alts actually pull off your engine (if any). Does it effect you MPG?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15064
oh you can count on the mpg loss and some hp

Gold Member

Post Number: 2334
Paul, I was surprised there was no drop at idle. It's still not all the way up though, the voltage at the RCAs is around 1.3, and I have the amp set to 3. I need more time to tune the amp, but I doubt I'l ever turn it up all the way when I'm running it at 1 ohm. As long as I re-meter at 153 I don't care. I want to test how big a difference the alts make, then rebuild and do GOOD boxes

I can feel the alts are there for sure, but I drive like an old lady half the time. With a 1 month old (weak neck at that age) I figure I didn't get a Tahoe to race anyway, and at an average of 15 mpg before, 14mpg won't hurt my feelings. It still tows a trailer, and drives just fine.

I wish I had video of all the people who heard this today, some of their responses were priceless. Let alone the bag trick I was doing onWhite Girl, it was just like old times

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23166
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15071
haha cool pic paul

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 982
i wonder if i can do a hair trick with my new setup.

when you get your cam charged go gram some reaction vids for us ^_^

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2278
good lord is that dirty

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 583
Absolutly insane! lol I would love to hear that thing in person.

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 326
i envy you troy, very cool. turned out pretty damn good.

i would love to hear you drive buy some day, lol

nice work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2335
Paul, I wish I could find someone to pose for a hair trick for me, I think my wife would but someone has to watch the kids.

deathoob, what is your new setup- maybe a link to a build?

Daniel, what part is dirty? lol... It's been raining like crazy so even though I washed the truck good a few days ago it's covered again. This is my daily vehicle and work truck. I haul a trailer and tools all week, so it's difficult to keep it clean inside and under the hood. I wont argue the dirt, just wondering what you'r referring to.

Thanks guys, I found my camera charger so I'll be making more vids this week as I meet up with some people.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23168

Whenever.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 984
@ troy https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/639370.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 2337
Nice man, I read the thread when you started it a while back. I guess I just didn't match system to user name

Today I just cut some wire and crimped/soldered terminals on. Tomorrow I'll hook things up, and probably adjust one pulleys location. It works good, but I think it could be improved on so why not.

Wiring just to connect each alt together and to the front battery- I'll hopefully have time to do everything tomorrow.
Upload

Also picked up some banners I don't know why I wanted them, but they'll go good in my garage or something.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1035
hahaha you like to buy random stuff don't you.

also i get a little more done every day it doesn't rain. almost done.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2281
haha troy i meant dirty in a good way

like awesome, great, cool, sweet

your build is amazing

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 604
Troy, just curious...what was your setup before all this?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2338
lol daniel, damn kids Things really are dirty so it wasn't a stretch, thanks though.

Man, I wanted these banners for a long time. A friend locally had them and I've been wanting them for a while. I don't particularly love either brand, but they're nice decoration for a shop.

Sean I've had a few setups with the same equipment over the last few years.

Most recent is the 2 21 Wardens on 1000.1 @ 1 ohm with 4 alts.
A few months before this I had 2 BTL 18s on the 1000.1 @ 2 ohms and 2 alts- that was my downgrade to make room for baby stuff. It just wasn't enough and I want more again.

Before that I had 4 BTL 18s on 4 Memphis 4kws with 4 alternators:

Upload
Upload
Upload

Iraggi bracket and 380s. It broke down on me all the time. I had so many problems with this (near $2k) charging system I got angry and ripped everything but my 4channel out and went without bass for a year.
Upload

The 220s are working great though, can't say anything but positive stuff about them.

Oh, and I had 1 12" type-x on a Hifonics 2006d in my wifes Malibu.
Sub is still in great shape and f/s if anyone wants it cheap.

Upload
Upload

If I don't get a Suburban and do 4 21s I'll probably recone and do 4 18" Wardens and 2 1000.1s next. Just have to wait on funds and see if I care enough about bass in a year or so to mess with it. I just know there was a 156 or 7 sealed out of that box and I want to prove it to myself. I just couldn't keep my voltage up long enough with my old bracket, but it did 55 @ 32hz.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 606
Cool man! Yea i was just wondering what you had before compared to what you have now. So are you more impressed with the Wardens than the btls?

btw,What do you want for the type x? Need to put something in my wifes car too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2339
Thanks, here's a pic of the type-x last time it was removed, it's in excellent shape. It really only has a few months use before I went larger, but its a great sq sub imo. I loved the way it sounded sealed, and it had too much output for my wife. It did 140 legal in her car ported, but I like the sound of a sealed box better.
I don't know what they're worth- I bought it new a few years ago, I see they're selling new now for around 280 shipped on ebay, and 200 used + shipping.
If you're interested I'd like to get 150 plus shipping. It comes in the original box with manual and all, just let me know what you were thinking. I can even build a box for it and have my mom bring it to Baltimore MD to pick up if it's not too far a drive for you- may or may not be cheaper than shipping.

The wardens sound better than the BTLs, and I've had the BTLs in numerous boxes in quantities of 1, 2, and 4 with as little as 2k and as much as 5k rms per sub. The BTLs handled the power just as well, but the wardens just sound more musical. I hate to say things before metering, but I think it's pretty close to the 4 BTLs on similar power. For less cone area it's pretty impressive, and I'd really like to do a 4 Warden setup in the same box to compare apples to apples. I wouldn't hesitate to buy either sub, but I think the IA subs are worth the extra cash.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2340
Still testing the bracket, alls working good. Really good hair tricks when the kid(s) aren't in the car.
Upload

Anyone want a dual or 3 alt bracket for newer GM suvs with the 5.3 and I think 6.0? Mocked up a template tonight, any thoughts? I can sell these really cheap to those interested
They work as a Dual alternator bracket, and by simply adding a pulley and relocating the first to another hole (all pre-existing) you can add a third alternator down the road. Please forgive the MS Paint sketch to demonstrate while things are still being made.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Thoughts? I tried to make it look good with or without the 3rd alt, though I know until it's in metal it's a little difficult to get a good idea of things.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2341
I also started on a dual alternator bracket for the GM 5.7, though the version I'm making fits (I believe, not sure of all models) 95-97 full size trucks with the alternator on the passengers side. Like this:

http://image.sporttruck.com/f/9278796+w750+st0/0502st_04_z+1996_chevrolet_silverado+engine_bay.jpg

Sketch:
2 sides, front and back.
Upload

The front doesn't have mounting holes drilled yet, but there are 2 bolts it will fasten to.
Upload

The back is for strength, but will have a rolled edge to also fasten to the engine. I can't bend 1/4" mdf accurately so you'll have to bear with me when I just glue it for a mock up.
Upload

snug fit
Upload
Upload
Upload

both pieces together.
Upload

This bracket will be super beefy, held in place in by 3 bolts that will prevent both up/down and back/forth motion, 1/2" thick the whole way. Because of cost I wont be producing this in metal until I get at least 2 requests- but it's the only one I've seen available for that engine setup. Maybe someone can prove me wrong?

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 609
"I loved the way it sounded sealed, and it had too much output for my wife."

I take it she dont sit in the presence of the wardens to often? lol Yea,$150 sounds good man. I have to much going on right now, give me like a week or so an I'll buy it if you still have it. As for a box... I think i might try to build one myself, thanks though! Btw,they only make those in dual 4 right?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2342
She has never sat in my truck full tilt. Back when I had 4k on 2 BTL 18s she did 1 hair trick with two forms of hearing protection lol. It's a terrible vid because she wouldn't put her head in all the way, she kept leaning out.
Wow, old crappy video:

[URL=http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o7/alpinemayn/?action=view&current=MOV01 476.flv][IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o7/alpinemayn/th_MOV01476.jpg[/I MG][/URL]
Watching vids of my old 4 btl setup makes me want to tune this box lower or just redo it all together. Even 4 wardens on RMS would be nice.

Sub isn't going anywhere, I don't have it listed for sale it's just been chilling in a spare bedroom. You are correct, they only made the sub in D4

Gold Member

Post Number: 2344
Dual bracket ready to locate pulleys. It needs the rough edges cleaned up but I don't think I will, it's being drawn up in cad anyway- this is just for trial.

The beauty of this dual bracket for the 5.3 V8 is that it looks clean as a dual bracket, but by adding another pulley and a longer belt a 3rd alternator can be added at will- no modification needed. It'll be very affordable and extremely solid. When only using 2 alts it has "spacers" and bolts to fill the holes/gap so that no strength is lost and the space between the front and back brackets remains the same.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 941
The alts look really good Troy, great work on the design and install. You've got a pretty amazing set up.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 615
Lol, thats funny. My wife thinks my Q is to loud,so i know she couldnt handle that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2348
Thanks.

My GM quad and dual bracket will fit 1999-2010 Vortec 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, and 6.2l engines. The 4.3l bracket fits Fits s-10, Blazer, Bravada, Safari, Astro, Express, and to my knowledge is not offered by anyone else.There is a 3 year warranty on all brackets, so if there's a problem you will be taken care of.

I want to do a pre-sale for the forums. All brackets come with a high quality black powder coating. Pricing as follows:

Full-size GM quad bracket: 350
Full-size GM dual/triple bracket will be 250. 3 alt operation requires extra parts that raise the price to 300.
4.3L GM V6 dual bracket will be 300.

If I reach 20 pre-orders I will randomly draw a customers name and give them $50 off their purchase.

Anyone interested please get in on this asap so I can start shipping things out. I'm not really making money at these prices, I just want some reviews and feedback. The pre-order on the 5.3 and 4.3 brackets are separate, though it doesn't matter if it's a quad or dual for the 5.3.

Just post in this thread if interested, or email tejcurrent@yahoo.com.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1063
make one for my Camry Q_Q

Gold Member

Post Number: 2349
drive it here

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1065
i may be that way in a few weeks when i head up to plum branch to chill on the lake and visit my rents. think you are only an hour or so away from there. will you accept random stuff or computers as payment?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2351
I'm in the market for a good computer or 36" + plasma/lcd. That's about it other than a baby sitter about now.

Either way just email me at tejcurrent@yahoo.com if you'll be by Myrtle Beach.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2352
I've been getting a lot of interest on dual or quad brackets, so I'm going to make a new "pre-sale" thread. This will keep this thread clear, and make it easy for people taking part of the sale to check the status of things.

The quad bracket is still running great, and I'll have the dual/triple bracket for the 5.3 ready for test fitting by the end of next week.

I'm working on something I think a lot of you guys could use - GM large case alternators. I don't want to get into things until I have a product available- but they will be geared towards high idle output at a very fair price. I'll probably have a pre-sale on those in another month or two, I just wanted to give a heads up for those who are in the market and not in a huge hurry.

Again no specs until I can test things, find a good parts supplier, and test some more.
I should have a website up and running shortly so anyone interested can see what is available and order directly from there. At this time tejcurrent@yahoo.com is the paypal and email address to send deposits and questions.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1078
so are you going to be our new parts supplyer that doesn't suck or is over priced?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15098
troy is definatly a good guy

Gold Member

Post Number: 2353
Thanks sean - I try

deathoob I don't plan on doing a whole bunch of alternators or vehicles at the moment. There's just too much that goes into custom making each alternator and bracket. It would be difficult to keep any stock without just buying from a distributor and marking up the price- that's not my goal. I will offer alternators for 1990+ GM suvs that will last for many years and offer good idle output. If they do more than 200 amps peak great, but I want solid output in the 500 engine rpm range.

From what I've seen my brackets are the absolute best that will be available, and in some cases the only available. Someone may try to debate this- but to say the least the build quality and prices are competitive. My brackets come with Gates pulleys and belt because I've found from my personal use that they are the best. I use 12.9 grade 10mm bolts so you know you'll never have an issue.

I remember the sticker shock of my first build, and I want to make h/o alternators affordable to more people. There's no reason you should have to pay $500 for an alt that does less than 100 amps at idle unless it's strictly for competition. Realistically though more than 90% of large builds go in a daily driver.

Everything will be made and assembled here in the US, and you get a decal with every order

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1085
how much would it be to do a random custom order for an alt if some one poked you long enough.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2354
Parts mainly, they are so expensive! The more parts I order at once the lower my cost is and prices can be. It's difficult to locate high quality parts for a fair price it seems..

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1086
so i haft to ask, for a 220-250 amp alt, if you custom built it for me where would you ball park it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2356
well, rewinding the stator and rotor wouldn't be too bad, but then you would need a new rectifier and voltage regulator. I haven't priced those parts for your car, but good ones could cost about 150 or 200. All said and done it might run 4 or 450.

It just gets time consuming and expensive to order individual parts, where the GM alts ill sell I can buy large quantities of parts and have an assembly line type deal on hand building them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us