Opinion on Hifonics HFi100.2 HFi Series A/B amp?

Silver Member
Username: Loudblazer

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 291
I couldnt find any reviews on sites that sell this so i figured i would ask on here. I plan on getting this to power a 12 Type R or a 12 L7. I found it for just around 80 dollars. It would be 400 watts at 1 ohm, i think. I talked to my brother who hooked up my last system and said it would work that way. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 135
That amp is NOT stable at 1 ohm! Now if you get a dual 2 ohm Type R then you can wire it series to a 4 ohm load which would give you 400 watts with the amp bridged. Also, it's a class a/b amp so it's not very efficient, it's going to put out a lot of heat. In any case this amp will work as long as you get the dual 2 ohm model Type R or L7. In all reality SAVE up some money and get a quality class d mono block amplifier that puts out at least 500 watts rms @ 1 ohm! You will be so much happier than rushing into buying a crappy amp!

Silver Member

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 292
Sorry i meant to put the 4 ohm bridged you mentioned. Thanks for the reply. The only reason im looking into buying this amp is i had a 250 watt hifonics son of thor amp that was great. That amp is discontinued and i cant find it anymore.I talked to my brother who hooked up my last system and he said i would need the dual 4 ohm sub to hook up to that amp bridged. Do you reccomend an amp that is faily cheap. Im a very cheap person and this was about all i wanted to spend, lol. As you can probably tell, im not the smartest person on this stuff. Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
Well like I said, that amp will work. That amp is by no means the greatest but since your on a budget it'll be okay. Your brother is wrong though about the sub, you would need a dual 2 ohm sub. Dual 2 ohm woofers can go to either 4 ohm or 1 ohm and since you would have to bridge that amp into a 4 ohm load you would need the dual 2 model. Dual 4 ohm woofers can only go to 8 ohm or 2 ohm.

This is for a dual 2 ohm woofer:
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=22

This is for a dual 4 ohm woofer:
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=42#results

Silver Member

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 295
Thanks for your help. Ill let my brother know about that. Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
No problem any other questions just ask.

Username: Dclem14

Post Number: 1
I have a similar question; i was looking at the same hifonics amp to go with a kicker 07CVR124 sub. If i bridged this amp would it be able to handle the 8 ohm load the sub would put on it, or would i need to get the kicker 07CVR122 (which is the same sub but with 2 ohms per voice coil instead of 4)?

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
Yes, the amp will do the 8 ohm load. The power output on the other hand would be pitiful. Pretty much take the power output @ 4 ohm bridged and divide that in half to get what the amp will probably put out @ 8 ohm. I would recommend getting the dual 2 ohm model so you can wire the sub to 4 ohm and get the most out of the amp.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15061
your pretty busy helping people in this section....glad to see it thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
I try lol.

Username: Dclem14

Post Number: 2
Thanks a lot matt! I thought that was the case, but im still trying to learn about all this stuff, and needed some help from somebody who really knew what they were talking about! Thanks again!

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
No problem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us