Semi-interesting builds this week...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8112
We have a few kinda interesting builds coming this week.

LeSabre w/ 2 DDm1a and 3 DD1512...6th order rear deck cut-thru. Highs already done (built it w/ a ported box in the trunk awhile back, amp rack between box and back seat) Rebuilding the amp/batt rack to fit year the end of the trunk behind the box. Customer doesn't want hit truck lid to rattle anymore, but wants sick lows in the cabin.

Impala w/ 1 kicker zx2500.1 and 3 L712. 4ch and 2 pair of the new DD T2 tweets, new mids also 5200bt pioneer flipup. Likely removing the rear deck speakers to allow for more airflow into cabin. Wants to kill the trunk lid and be loud in-cabin. (the vehicle was supposed to be dropped off today, didn't hear from the guy though...so its a maybe)

Pics will come.
Hold on to your pantiez.

(btw...why the hell is 'pantie$' block by the ecoustics filter?)

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1178
they both sound dumb as hell honestly

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1179
im kidding. i just thought my above post might be believable for a second if it had its own post

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 259
No, you were right the first time...

It does sound dumb.

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 260
Also, just kidding.

LoL

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 783
3 L712. <<<<< fail

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 125
lol X2

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2242
everyone hates on L7s. ive had 3 different 15s and never had one issue with them. they didnt sound great but they got loud

you guys say L7s = fail but i would bet that you dont even have first hand experience with them

canaan - excited for the builds as always

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 784
have had 2 different friends with them, so yes, i do have first hand experience.

you probably haven't had any issues with them beacouse you are not retatred like the avg consumer.

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 304
agreed with daniel, i bought 2 L7 12's in 2006. they don't have sound quality once so ever. but they got extremely loud. iv'e beat the piss out of them since and they are both still fine.

i also bought a solo x 18 in 2007. the 07 model with the updated black cone. that thing effing wangs!!! it needs to be reconed now tho...

get those pics coming cannan

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 492
No Pics!?
I agree with Daniel,i acually have a set of L7 10s for some time now. There just a spare set that ive had,but ive never had any issues with them at all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
I have also had experience with the L7's. I've had a few friends who ran them in their vehicles. They did get loud but the sound quality was horrible. So, I suppose if spl is all you care about then sure go for them. Also, like the other guy said, most of the people on here that say they've had no problems with them probably haven't had problems because they know how to run their stuff unlike a lot of people.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8113
Forget the soloz...the impala didn't show up.

As for the 6th order DD1512's, here are just a few pics.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gotta trim all this out and build a new rear deck.
Upload

There will be 2 ports thru it, where the 6x9's used to be, but larger.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 791
i love Canaan's builds.

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 220
I can see why death. That is freakin awesome!

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 434
yea... thats pretty sick

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2312
I had a 15 and installed several 12s. The 15 I had held up great to quite a bit more than it's rms as long as it stayed clean. The sub didn't sound great but it wasn't terrible either. It did it's job and got pretty loud for 1 15 in a tahoe.

People keep saying maybe they lasted because they weren't treated like the average person, but the average person would blow any sub occasionally.
You really need to look at the sub in a good install, because that obviously makes all the difference. Look how many blown BTLs there are. There are people who give them 4-5kw for years (like me) with no problems, and others who blow them on rms. It's the install and customer behind the volume knob.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8114

quote:

People keep saying maybe they lasted because they weren't treated like the average person, but the average person would blow any sub occasionally.
You really need to look at the sub in a good install, because that obviously makes all the difference. Look how many blown BTLs there are. There are people who give them 4-5kw for years (like me) with no problems, and others who blow them on rms. It's the install and customer behind the volume knob.

Yep. My DD3515's handle 2300w+ each w/ ease, but I have seen people kill them on 12-1500wrms.

And that is EXACTLY why I love the DD M-series amps w/ the clip-light on the bass knob (gain control knob, not bass boost). Red light means back off. Problem solved. (for the most part)

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 310
nice build, that looks like it's guna be pretty loud.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2245
looking good canaan

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
Very nice.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 356
i must agree with troy 100% back when i first started car audio i blew 2 subs, not bad since they did last me a few years at a time, but now i know much more and have not blown any subs, i learned how to properly set gains and know the limits of what i want to push my speakers too. i could easily turn the gain up and become quite a bit louder, but no need for it, i would rather keep my stuff in great condition and get my money back when i sell it.
l7s are not bad for bass, but i was much louder than a dude with 2 15 in L7s in a custom kicker box with my 1 12" Re sx, but he had no idea how to set up his stereo lol

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23089

quote:

It's the install and customer behind the volume knob.

Agreed 200000000%.

An idiot and his gun will shoot whatever he wants, even if it's his own partner.

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
LOL nice.

Silver Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 122
THis build looks like its going to be sick!

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14488
nice work canaan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us