Digital multimeter help

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 410
ok, just got a dmm in(for $1 + shipping i might add lol). My xplode head unit is 2volt preout and i have a cadence a7hc. (I know to leave the bass, subout, and leave the eq on off(which makes all the notes in the middle of them db spectrum on the h.u.). Which setting on the dmm do u use?(theres quite a few options on here). Should i put the bass boost on 0, and what about the subsonic(box is tuned to 32). I usually have the subwoofer output on hu in the middle when driving so also should i put that all the way down and then just move it back up when its all done like normal or would that change something?. Do i leave the ccar off and just no music/battery on or do i use some test tone? The The more detailed info, the better. Thx

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3158
well knowing what you are trying to do would help lol. but the only settings you should be using are resistance for continuity and dc voltage to do checks

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 115
Check out Glasswolf's papers. He has a paper dedicated to people setting their amps with DMMs.

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 279
is that even what he's trying to do tho? he didn't really say..

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 116
This is true lol

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 412
what do u mean steve? im trying to set me gain.

Silver Member

Post Number: 280
ohh alright, you didn't mention that. for all we know you could be checking for a short, or even a blown fuse or sumthing.

get your self a nice quality copy of a 50hz test tone for your subwoofer amp. (you may want to use pink noise for your component amp). and put it on repeat.

but ok, turn all of your head unit settings to 0, except your subwoofer control. turn that all the way up. leave your bass boost knob all the way down too.(if you use one). unplug your subwoofer from the amp. put the prongs of the dmm in the + in the +, and the - in the -. turn your gain all the way down. and slowly go up untill you reach your target goal in volts.

what exactly are you shooting for?

Silver Member

Post Number: 281
just scroll down to (setting gain with DMM) that was daniel helping me understand how to do this.

it's really pretty simple once you do it

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 413
ok thx! now, where should i put my volume at? 75% or 85-90(which glass says in his site) also, i normally have my sub out at half way, not all the way up, so shouldnt i leave it at half since thats how it normally is, and so that if i want to show off sometime i can simply turn the subout up a little more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us