OT: New Frontstage

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3818
I posted this in the amp section as well. Theres not very much traffic on that section though...

For the last year I've been waiting to do a new frontstage in my car, but haven't had the time nor spare cash laying around to do so. I think its time to change that...

I have a C55 AMG Mercedes and want to keep everything looking stock as possible. This means I want to keep the stock HU and stock door pods as well.

As of right now I have 2 Dayton Titanic 10"s and a Kicker 650.1 for substage. I would like to keep the Dayton's but I plan on replacing the amp.

My first idea is to run...
Audison Bit One
Hertz MLK 2
Audison LRX 5.1k

That would give the tweets ~50w, mids ~160, and subs ~500-600w each. I'd rather run a 2 way even though I love the Hertz 3 ways due to space issues. Also I have a shop local that works magic with the bit one so he will be doing all the alignment.

If anyone has a better option on gear please let me know.

-Jake

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 696
that sounds like a hell of a setup, i cant wait to see this all put together. i wish i could hear it.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3821
Yeah I'm going for clean, accurate sound but can still get fairly loud. I've never run a single amp on an entire system before so I'm pretty excited for that.

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLside, Pronounced: ... U.S.A.

Post Number: 876
so when can i hear it? lol

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5761
What up Jake? Sounds excellent man... the MLK2's and the JBL C608's are as good as it gets without spending $600+ or building your own with Scan-Speak etc.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3825
Been awhile Brad... Yeah I'm not trying to get crazy with it. I like the JBLs but as you know Ive always been a Hertz guy. Lets catch up soon man.

"so when can i hear it? lol"
Haha you know i'm always down to meet up. Hows your whip going?

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3827
Anyone know of other high powered 5 channel amps? Not the easiest thing to find...

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 709
can't say i do. sorry

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16420
does hertz speakers rank higher\sound better than say morel \ dls \ hybrid ? ....

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3831
Rovin I would say thats more personal opinion but yes they are in that category. Their Mille 3 way with the ribbon mids are pretty ridiculous sounding. The crossovers are as big as a 2 channel amp.

I really liked the Morel Elates that I heard a few months ago. Other than that I haven't really had a chance to hear much of their stuff. Apparently the newest version of their Hyrbid Ovation 2 way is very impressive for the money. I think they go for around $600-700 online.

The DLS Iridium and Nobelium speakers are awesome too and I've heard them in several different applications. I find DLS to be much more of an aggressive sound compared to something like Dynaudio which is smooth and accurate.

Never heard a set of hybrid audio's but from what I hear they are very nice. Its just hard to buy a set frontstage that you've never heard before... especially if your dropping thousands of dollars in equipment.

I'm pondering ordering the amp tonight unless I can find something else that I like more in the next few hours...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us