Gonna sell my JL w7

Bronze Member
Username: Souleraser

Post Number: 58
Next week I will be selling my 12w7 to a friend for $270(box included).
I bought this sub on Ebay in poor condition for $245 + $117 for a custom box. So I will be losing money on this deal.

Its a nice sub, but it has a cracked/broken basket that I fixed using JB weld. It sounds great, but I doubt it sounds as good as it did before the accident.
I'm thinking I will get a Fi Q 12 with the money I get and have Bassman build me a box for it.

It will be for my SQ system. My current box 1.9 cubes, slot ported, and tuned to 30hz. I would like my next box for the FiQ to be 2.1 cubes and tuned to 25hz because I would like the sub to hit really low. The sub will be powered by a JL slash 1000/1.

Any advice from u guys?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5672
25hz is a little low for car audio, that's closer to a number for home audio (around 22hz) you will still get great lows's at 30hz or 28hz.... So that's what I would do.

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 697
27.5hz? maybe. if you are feeling frisky try some aero ports.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Thanks Bassman! I guess I'll stick to 28hz. Is your site up n' running now? I would like to have a box built so I could have it before the sub arrives.

@ deathnoob: I have been thinking about aero ports, but I dont know yet, I havent had experience with them. I would like to save some space if possible so I guess aero ports would help a little. Do you use aero ports?

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 698
there in my new box bassman made me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Nice! How does it compare to the slot port?
What kind of sub/subs are you using?

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 699
i am running a 15" FI Q and i haven't finished my build yet, wire and every thing else coming soon as soon as this paypal comes through.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
have you used aero ports before? If I dicide to go with aeros, it'll be the first time I do it that way. I've always used slot port.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us