Recommended subwoofer ?

Username: Onic

Post Number: 1
Hey guys would really appreciate your help here, I am looking to setup my system from scratch and need your expert input..
In terms of sub woofer, I am looking for deep clean bass that can be heard from lets say about 10 houses away, preferably with a single sub like the JL brand...I am also looking into the Rockford Fosgate line of mono 1 channel amps.. What you you recommend?
In trems of budget I would prefer recommendation for a medium end and a high end..
Thanks, all inputs appreciated...

$onic

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23011
Why not what sounds good 6 feet away? Just what are your intentions, to enjoy the music or pizz the neighborhood off? If you want to impress do it at comps where your efforts are recognized and recorded by professionals and possibly awarded a trophy. THAT would get you more tail than rattling your neighbor's windows. Not to mention ghetto blasting only gets you on a first name basis with the local PD.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 317
4 fi btls in 20 cu ft box, with 4 rockford fosgate t4000.1

Post Number: 2
Ok guys not intend to blast the neighborhood...lol, its for comp in the Caribbean

even if I use it in the neighborhood, that would be a blessing, the love their loud music there...

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 687
hahahahah.

1 18" FI BTL fully loaded(D2), sundown saz-4500, crap load of 1/0 ga wire the good stuff not the crap thats really 2ga, 350amp alt, SAX-100.4D, some nice speakers up front (components), nice head unit with good EQ's , a few 100+AH battery's, box made by bassman3. << high end (subject to change)

1 18" FI SSD loaded D2, sundown SAZ-1500D from DB-r's site, 150-200amp alt, 1 good battery, some nice cca 1/0ga wire, SAX-100.4D, some nice speakers up front (components), nice head unit with good EQ's, box made by bassman3. (subject to change)

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 688
^^ may be a saz-3500 so you don't hurt your sub to bad.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23012

quote:

its for comp in the Caribbean

Well there's an important part of the equation left out lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 321
if you want to be taken seriously you need to give some info.
whats your vehicle? electrical? is it stock? have ho alt or batts?
what are you all trying to install? just subs and amp? or everything.
what do you want from your install? Crazy loud, or clean sounding bass?
And most important of all, what is a budget to start with? or thinking of for each item?
we have the knowledge but as you can see what good does it do if you don't list any details

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 690
its fun to imagine tho

Post Number: 3
Ok guys, sorry for not giving all the details...

space is not a problem
electrical is not a problem either
clean sounding bass
I want to install everything..
Budget approx 4k

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 691
can we get specs on what you have going on maybe some pic's?

Post Number: 4
Thanks guys I will go with....deathoob rec...

1 18" FI BTL fully loaded(D2), sundown saz-4500, crap load of 1/0 ga wire the good stuff not the crap thats really 2ga, 350amp alt, SAX-100.4D, some nice speakers up front (components), nice head unit with good EQ's , a few 100+AH battery's, box made by bassman3. << high end (subject to change)

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
hold up a sec lol
so how many subs do you want? that amp is wayy to powerful for that sub with a proper electrical

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

San Antonio, Texas

Post Number: 440
"space is not a problem
clean sounding bass
Budget approx 4k"

When ever I hear this, my first inference is your full of BS.

Someone who seems to know nothing about car audio is going to drop 4k in there car and start competing.. hmmmm

First off space is always a problem, same with electrical system. Are you using a school bus or two door sedan? This is what we refer to what space you have to work with. Second, do you have a stock alt, or upgraded HO alt with 'the big 3' already installed.

Why don't you read up and make an educated decision before you jump into buying something.

Post Number: 5
Like I said Thanks !

BTW dont assume you know what the say about assumption....not going into that....

Silver Member

San Antonio, Texas

Post Number: 442
haha please explain what they say about assumptions...

I'm not assuming anything blindly, I'm making an inference based on the information provided.

Post Number: 6
"space is not a problem
clean sounding bass
Budget approx 4k"

That is what I said and that's what I ment...so get it through your thick skull...

No need to mention more details, It's a simple question I have asked !
So dont tell me I am full of bs....If I am then you are an A-h*le period!

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14466
please continue were not here to judge you

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14467
and welcome to the forum

Silver Member

San Antonio, Texas

Post Number: 443
Alright, like I said before, how is it possible that space is not a problem? Should we assume that you have the ability to fill up a charter bus with audio equipment? Not a very logical assumption on your part. It would be BS to believe those factors are not important for some one to give you the correct advice.

These details do need to be explained before we can logically help you with anything. Without any information, you are forcing us to make assumptions. So far the assumption that you are giving people is that you don't have a clue about what your asking for.

Silver Member

San Antonio, Texas

Post Number: 444
And Sean is correct, we are not hear to judge people.

Though show me a man who does not make an inference on what another says. I am just someone who voiced my inference.

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
if space isnt an issue throw some audiobahn 34" subs in there, maybe 2? 4?
dude let us know your ride, you say you want to compete, do you know what it takes to set up your electrical to do that?
are you serious about competing and want to be one of the best? or do you want to have a good sounding system and see how it goes from there when competing?
those fi btls are not really great sounding subs. they are spl subs.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 705
@$onic if this is only for comps then the 4500 will probably be ok for burps only, if you want to run it daily i would grab a 3500. or if you can fit 2 18"s get 2 of the fuly loaded BTL's we can help u with the options on them then the 4500 would match them perfectly but if you get 2 get D1's so you will have 1 ohm final load.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2294
Okay everyone chill out. The saying about when we assume is a play on words. azz-u-me, or we make an azz of 'u' you and me. So when someone says you know what happens when we assume... you know what they're meaning

FIRST Post the dude says he want a single sub setup. If space isn't a problem that means he can fit up to a 10 cubic foot box, not that he has a charter bus

In that case I'd get a 21" Incriminator Audio Warden over the BTL. The sundown 4500 will be fine on either sub for daily, you just have to know how to adjust your gains and not get stupid with the volume knob. I'd also go for an American Bass 400.1 or 500.1 with either sub if you can get a good price on them. There are a ton of other amps those are just some suggestions.

As far as your electrical I'd look more into a dual alternator setup with two good alternators. I'd chose 250s from DC power, since you'll still get great idle output. It will just be more reliable for daily driving, and if you get 3 or more large batteries like Powermaster d3100s you should see virtually no voltage drop.
I would get two 50 foot rolls of wire, then run as many runs of power and ground as you can.

Post pics if you actually get the equipment, you have to understand most people like to be billy-badass on the forum, but when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is they pvssy out. Especially those who say they have thousands of dollars to drop on a system first time out.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16419
where exactly "in the caribbean" are u really from ?

somehow i feel ur holding back info & not wanting to reveal too much ....

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 425
yeah cuz someone from the states could jack his mystery vehicle if he tells us what it is.

Post Number: 7
My question has been answered, thanks to all that have helped, tried to help and thanks for the welcome, I really appreciate it.

The way I structured my question and the info I gaved, was to get an insight so I can research, learn, build and test, wasnt looking for a hand out...understanding it is the key so I would know what I am doing, not that I dont know anything...Sorry for the complications...

And Ben, I do understand what you are saying, but the bs ticked me off ..lol..(not a good way to talk to a new member)...chit happens, but today is another day, hope we are good...

Thanks again guys..

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 712
hope u post some pics and maybe a vid when u get it it up and running $onic.

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 269
well hopefully you post some pics and more info to exactly what your setup consists of.. id'e rlly like to see what you end up going with....

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 408
lol @ 4k... that really popped my eyes...I CALL BS
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us