Which would be more efficient.

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 2040
so ive been running my 08 btl on one atomic 3k at one ohm for the past few weeks now and its pretty good but i want more. I have another atomic and im considering strapping the pair to get about 1000 more watts to play with, i think the sub could take the power i only managed to get it stinky once and i had the volume 4 past where the gains are set so it can probably be attributed to clipping. wouldnt it also be more efficient since they will be strapped at 4 ohms (dvc 2ohm).

just curious about what you all think before i got through the trouble of strapping them.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14394
it would be more efficient at a higher ohm yes

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2042
its all hooked up. gotta set the gains but so far its about the same output but it seems to be better on my electrical.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14401
better on your electrical is what I expected....hearing a 1000 watt difference will be minimal since you were already at 3000 watts to start with

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2045
yea pretty much i wasnt expecting much of a difference in output but I like the idea of being able to push a clean 4k rather than a clipped 3.2k+

i was curious as to how my electrical was going to hold up more than anything, despite the efficiency gain i figured the extra 1000 watts would strain the system worse but so far that seems to be the opposite. once i get the gains all set i can know for sure.

one of these days ill drop it back down to 1 ohm and see how the btl does on 5k+. ill prob wait until im about to get metered for that though

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 686
what no pic's or vids?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2046
im trying to but for some reason my photo bucket wont let me add more photos. I might just join a different hosting site

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 689
*puts a dunce hat on you.*

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14451
lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums