What kind of amp should i get for my type r subs?

Username: Jdscarface

Post Number: 1
Hey..i have 2 12 inch Alpine type r subwoofers..Alpine SWR-1222D..and i was wondering what kind of amp should i get??..and my budget is under $200..so can anyone please let me know of some good amps that are under $200 that will be good with those subs?..i was thinking of gettin this one..does anyone know if its good?please let me know and thanks...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-New-Lanzar-3000-Watt-2-Ch-Car-Audio-Amp-Amplifier-/2304 88944964?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item35aa363144
}

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 104
Save up some money and get an amp worth buying. Purchase a class d mono block amp that does at least 1000 watts @ 2 ohm. Trust me saving some money and buying a quality amp will make you ten times happier than just rushing the gun and buying a low quality amp just because you can't wait to bump. It sucks to save money but it is totally worth it in the long haul.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14315
x2

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 932
http://www.vminnovations.com/product_1270/HIFONICS_BRUTUS_BXi1210D_1200W_Mono_Am plifier.html

This is were I got mine. Go with hifonics this amp will power 2 type r's perfect. I have one of these amps sitting next to me now. Check out the hifonics website I think you can now get these for 150$.

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 933
If you can come up with a couple more hundred dollers get a kicker 1200, you would be buying quality. Dont get it wrong hifonics is great thats what im running.

Post Number: 2
alright, thanks..if i were to get the hifonics one, how would i have to connect my subs?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14321
if your going to get hifonics step up to the next model because they are over rated power wise

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 105
x2 with Sean

Post Number: 4
would this one be a good amp?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SSL-EV2-3000-EVOLUTION-3000W-2-Channel-MOSFET-Amplifie-/3004 38659867?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item45f38a231b

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 320
basically this is the way to look at it. look at an alpine 1000 watt amp like the mrp-1000d or a rockford fosgate t1000. those amps give ratings at 1000 watts rms. basically these are the best mainstream amps you can buy.
now when you look at those cheap ssl,lanzer,power acoustik,ect amps do you really think that they are really better than the good amps i listed above? No not even close dude, your going to get less power even tho they have high rms ratings, and its going to sound horrible and destroy your subs much quicker without proper knowledge of setting gains.

basically base the price of those amps to a quality rockford fosgate amp, if the amp says it will do 2000 watts rms and is cheaper than a rf amp, you can assume it is garbage.
hifonics is rated at 16 volts.. well nobody runs 16 volts on a stock electrical so they are also overrated.
i say go with kicker or alpine. both are solid amps at 2 ohms
i see all kinds of them on craigslist all the time.
also jbl has great amps with tons of power at 2 ohms

an alpine mrd-800 or 1000 would be great for the subs, you have quality subs, dont go cheap on the amp!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14418
x2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us