Seriously wtf?!

Bronze Member
Username: Mittens08

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 93
ive been looking everywhere to find a h/o alt. ive called many auto shop and car audio shops in my area and cant find any...and a couple of people have told me i cant run a 250+ amp alt. in my car only a max of 190amp...idk what to do! oo and its for a 2005 saturn ion 4dr sedan

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8100
Call Ohio Generator.

http://www.ohiogen.com/

See if they can help you out.

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 182
I'd look into Ohio as well.

"a couple of people have told me i cant run a 250+ amp alt. in my car only a max of 190amp"

I don't see how that statement (by whomever made it) makes any sense?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 871
Also check out DC Power Engineering and Mechman. Since you live in Ohio, Ohio Gen may be quicker to get ahold of one. Shop around though to see how prices compare. Being a 4 cylinder you may be hard pressed to find a 200+ amp alt, but remember idle amperage is what is most important.

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 226
DC power inc. all the way. just shoot robbie an email and he will get back to you the next day.

just tell him exactly what you want, and he will give you a list of alts for your car.

if they dont already have one in production they will make you one...at a cost of course..
GL

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 94
ive tried calling and emailing ohio gen and they said they dont have an alt for my year and model of car they could custom build one but it would be $$$...idk this isnt looking good im not trying to spend almost a 1000 for jus an alt...im gonna keep looking but its lookin bad...ive also been told i could possibly have my alt rewound to a higher amp.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1633
I would call dc power. I'm almost positive they will make you one for under 500 bucks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
x2.....

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2224
dont get your alt rewound

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
dans got a point, rewinding an alt might help for a little while but all it's guna do is make even more heat than it already did. because it's still in it's original case with even more wire than before it will just burn up... plus you prlly wont end up having sh*t for idle output..

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 876
Isn't Saturn a branch of Chevy? Or am I totally wrong? If so I'm sure DC can get you some sort of conversion kit to fit a larger GM alt. They have a 240 amp GM conversion kit for my Celica, so there is hope.

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 95
okk thanks for all the help!! im gonna get in contact with dc tomorrow...i really hope they can work something out for me and have it not be hopefully more then 650 for jus the alt cause install is gonna be $$ to....once i can get this fig out my build might actually start coming together lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us