MTX?

Username: Amendez86

Post Number: 2
are mtx jack hammers any good i can get two 12's in a box for around 280

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 283
you can get better subwoofers sound quality wise and spl wise for that price. or for maybe a tad bit more than that, but still would definitely be worth it

i know audioque was selling b stock aq sdc 12s for 140 shipped so that would be 280 shipped for 2 12s than can handle 800 watts easily each, and get very loud

Post Number: 3
what about these alpines SWR-1242D (TYPE R)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4045_Alpine+SWR-1042D+-TYPE+R-.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16663_Pioneer+Premier+TS-W2502D2.html.....i am kind of on a bugdet and the last two are close outs
what about one kicker l5 or l7... do they have good sq and loudness

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 286
the type r's are good but too expensive for 10's and i would definitely pass on pioneer and kickers
check this out
http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=72
and email them asking about the sdc 12's tell them you heard they have b stock ones for 140 shipped each.
way better subwoofers than any mentioned above.
also what amp are you looking at buying? or a budget? would prob be best to run everything at 1 ohm, best price for power you would be getting

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 178
^X2 (cwruck)

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 617
type E's aren't bad, bought my g/f a 10" type E sounded really good in a 1.3^3ft ported box. it sounded real clean and is easy to power.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 446
I'll just say,you cant go wrong with the Type r's. One of the best subs you can buy for the money. Ive heard good things about the aq sdc too so... Definatly dont waste your money on the the L5s or L7s

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 180
^X2 (Sean)

...and X100 on not using L5's & L7's (from personal experience)

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 870
He may be a little discouraged because he hasn't heard of AQ. He knows Alpine, MTX and Kicker so he feels more comfortable investing into them. However Andres, AQ is well worth the money and so is Fi. If you do choose to go with a main stream sub though, Alpine is a solid choice. Type Rs preferably. Any plans on an amp?

Post Number: 5
Well my budget is around 400 and I was only thinking about alpines because I know they are a good brand and sonics electonix has them for like 109 or 119 a piece I think and crutchfield had them for alot more same thing with the mtx I've heard great things about them....how good are these aqs build quality and their sound in comparison to alpine? Mtx?....I know I will need an amp but have no clue I already got a pioneer deh3200 hu and kenwood 4x10 and 3.5 for my 86 Monte ss thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8102
Well...I kinda have a vendetta against them...so take this w/ a grain of salt....

FVK MTX/COUSTIC/MITEK.

YOU CAN EAT A BIG ONE W/ A SMILE AND LEARN TO HIRED REPS THAT ACTUALLY ABIDE BY THE CONTRACTS YOU GET SHOPS TO SIGN! YOUR 4500/5500 SERIES WAS THE #1 RETURN i HAD A FEW YEARS AGO, STRANGE THAT i SOLD AS MANY PHOENIX GOLDS RSD SUBS AS 4500/5500 AND ONLY SAW 3 OR 4 SUBS BACK SMOKING. ALSO, THANKS FOR HORING OUT YOUR LINE TO THE ONLINE/GREY/EGAY MARKET AND SELLING TO ME AT HIGHER THAN THE PRICE I COULD GET ON EGAY. ALOT HIGHER, EVEN W/ $5000+ ORDERS. THANKS FOR ALL THE STOCK I STILL HAVE THAT I CAN'T EVEN SELL AT COST BECAUSE IT IS STILL CHEAPER ONLINE.

So...incase you didn't notice. I don't care for MTX.
I would rather see you by Audiobahn.

I'm dead serious.

btw, the "Jackhammer" subs in their prebuilt box are just 4500series subs w/ a magnet boot and different cone looks.

Mitek is THE REASON we don't carry sub/amp lines that are hored out. Thanks for the lesson.

Thanks DD and ARC.

Post Number: 6
Haha wow I can tell you really don't like them....does anyone think anything about polkaudio db1222

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 872
I think you'd be happy with a pair of Type Rs. They're affordable and will hold a good amount of power. Depending on the enclosure you can expect to get pretty loud with them and even get some decent lows.

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 377
please do me a BIG favor and dont waist your money on mtx JACKHAMMERS... LOL, they try and make em seem INCREDIBLE with that name alone JACKHAMMMMEER... jajaja, Just get the type r's or AQ.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8103

<!-quote-!>quote:<p>please do me a BIG favor and dont waist your money on mtx JACKHAMMERS... LOL, they try and make em seem INCREDIBLE with that name alone JACKHAMMMMEER... jajaja, Just get the type r's or AQ.</p><!-/quote-!>

EXACLLY!!!

MTX/Mitek built the big 'bad boy' Jackhammer 22" sub for marketing. Then re-badged the 4500 series as "Jackhammers". So, you take your $5000 sub name and put it on your cheapest sub. Nice. Sell as many as you like...I'll keep punching out my single DD512 boxes w/ 3-400wrms and kill your super 2-12 Jackhammer boxes. The average joe eats it up, but the don't know any better. (I used to have hell w/ the MTX 2-5512 boxes sounding like crap when we where dealers, Stopped carrying them and put 5512's in AudioEnhancer KPVR boxes, killed the MTX prebuilt) My 2 DD3515 Avalanche is likely as loud as their 2 Jackhammer 22" Avalanche, lol.

MTX is the epitome of neo-corporate image. Put your name on every MMA Fighter, rallycar driver, and 'pick-your-sport-image' out there to sell product. Build it in china for the cheap, sell to everyone. Hey...it WORKS!!!! And in that respect, I can't blame them. Hell, I respect them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make your $. Everyone else does. (but the RE-Q sucks, fyi, put a $0.50 noise suppressor inline w/ the power supply on the RE-Qv2 and raise the price $20, thank me later)

I'm not really so pissed at Mitek as a whole. Just the rep and people at the company I dealt with. I just found better protected brands and better dealer/customer service. MTX is on its way to the Bose of car audio....
***Better sound through marketing.***
They can and will make $.

Mass-marketing and capitalism at its best...with a little help from cheap Chinese labor. Hey, alot of high-end companies use chinese parts and products.

***EDIT***
I think my rants need their own thread, lol
Sorry for the hijack.

***another edit****
If you are an MTX dealer and they sell....keep the brand. If you are making $...that means $ in your area is flowing. The more $ that flows in an area, the better for the local economy. Help your local economy all you can.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 453
Polk acually makes decent subs,at least my mm's where. Id still go with the Type r's though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us