Diamond, DLS, or Audison

Bronze Member
Username: Yungndumb

Scottsdale, AZ

Post Number: 17
I am looking at these three amp brands to power two DVC 12" Image Dynamics ID12D4V.3's...I plan on hooking these up in 1ohm...

I've heard great things about DLS, but Audison and Diamond I've never heard anything about. I sold an Amp to someone who blew their Diamond amp.

I've heard people say Audison makes the best amps out right now...are they as good as or better than Zapco? I like that they have digital crossovers, but I heard that they are mainly SPL amps...do they have good SQ as well?

DLS i know where once in partnership with genesis...so i know that they make great quality products....

Diamond Audio..........???????

Bronze Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 56
I've heard that Audison makes high quality amplifiers. I've heard a few at a local audio shop around my area and they were some of the best sounding amps I've had the pleasure of listening to. Better than Zapco...I don't know. As for Diamond, I'd go with Audison or DLS over Diamond any day.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14317
x2

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14427
what did you end up getting

Bronze Member
Username: Yungndumb

Scottsdale, AZ

Post Number: 18
I haven't picked one yet, but i just read a review on the amp i wanted [Audison]. the gentleman was not pleased with it, but i know the quality [did some more research]. I came across a very good deal on a Rainbow iPaul 2000M...for $350 brand new. I think I might go with that or either a US amp MD1000 i found for $400, but the audison model I was considering was the LRX 1.400. the audison costs $350 as well.

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 108
I've heard that Rainbow makes pretty good stuff. Never heard any of their products though but, they are sharp looking. Any of those amps would be a good choice in my opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3820
The iPaul for that price is very good. I've never used them before tho, so cant comment.

Audison is one of my favorite brands and the LRX 1.400 will push your ID's perfectly.

Bronze Member
Username: Frank12391

Sydney, N.S.W Australia

Post Number: 17
Audisons are definitely SQ amps. I've been using them for about 15 years. All those amps you mentioned are very good amps.The US audio as well but agreed, as above, the LRX1.400 is the perfect choice. Or if you can spare a little more $, & want the ultimate. The Hertz hk1d is the best mono on the market. Look no further. It's a beast & sound Q is quite incredible At any impedance load. Check out:
http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au
Very good reading there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us