Audioque HDC3 vs. FI BL vs. Alphasonik 800

Bronze Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 52
Hello,

As of right now I own a 15" Alphasonik 800 series running off of a Alphasonik PMA800DA putting out supposedly around 1200 watts @ 2 ohm. I have this in a ported enclosure that is roughly 3.6 cubic feet with the port being tuned at around 38 Hz.

I was wanting to upgrade to some better equipment such as the 15" Audioque HDC3 or the 15" FI BL. My question is, will these subs out perform the Alphasonik 800 using the same amp and the conditions that I've stated above? Also, both of these subs are priced similar to each other so which would be the better choice? I've heard good things about both brands. Also, I'm going more for spl. This is why I didn't mention the FI Q, I've read that the FI Q is more of a sq woofer but, if this sub would or could do better than the BL someone please let me know.

Thanks for the opinions.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5635
There will be a def. increase in SPL going from what you have to the BL or HDC3. The HDC3 is an all out SPL woofer which sounds like it might be geared more towards what your looking for. Put it in a solid box and it will pound

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 174
Agreed. I've heard nothing but great things about that sub (especially for the price).

And yes, the Q is geared more toward SQ.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
Thank you Bassman3. Which ever woofer I get will be going into the 3.6 cubic ft ported box tuned at around 38 Hz. that I stated above. Will theses subs do well with this tuned frequency and the space allowed?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Thank you Chris15.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
No problem.

Will that sub do well in that enclosure with that tuning? Yes.

However, in a larger box with a lower tuning it would do better. But for SPL you'll be fine with your current tuning frequency. Although again, that sub will really shine in a larger box.

So yea, for now, that box is fine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Once again thank you. I'm glad to hear that this box will do for now. I do eventually plan to upgrade the amp also, probably to the Audioque AQ2200D or the Sundown SAZ-2000D.

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
Good to hear. Both are great amps.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5636
Box is fine, although I would also go a bit bigger, you would get a little better output since HDC's love lots of port and big boxes!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Alright thanks Bassman3
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us