Question about pricing of subs

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 265
hi guys i was wondering if anyone can help me out with some prices for some subs.
I'm going to put an 18" sub in my car and want to have a good sq driver, the only problem is, is thats i cant ever find prices of the subs im interested in, i work and don't have time to talk during their business hours, so i never get a chance to talk to them on the phone, and it seems like nobody ever wants to email back besides fi, and aq but their prices are on their website lol.

some subs im interested in are
t3 audio t2000
ascendent audio havoc
fi q but i know the price
sundown nightshade
and any other good sq subs.
not interested in dd or aq, just seem like spl more than sq, and ive had dd and my friend has aq, and they pound but i just want cleaner bass.
might also be interested in a dc lv 4, my friend has bought so much stuff from rusty he can get me a really good deal, but im not sure what the sq will be like..
not wanting to spend more than $375 or so, hopefully less, have a chance to pick up a tc sounds/neo magnet sub built by dave from psi and i just might get it.
box is 5.75 cu ft after sub and port displacement. approx since i don't know exact sub displacement yet.. tuned around 33-34 hz
what do you guys think? the rl-p is sold out so thats not an option. sub needs to be dvc 2 ohm so i can run at 1 ohm off my sundown.
looking to order by monday at the latest, if i don't find anything ill prob just go with the q or neo not sure yet.
oh also how is an re sx? can get a good price on that too, since ive bought Re subs, but just seems there is better for the money
im just not familiar with 18s, only really used 12s my whole life and a 15 here and there.

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
i can also get an fi bl for 200 shipped which is quite tempting, but its not the right wiring, could wire series and end up at 1.4 ohms, so wouldnt get full power.. and i dont think the bl is anywhere near a sq sub

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16396
what about a SSA icon

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/15%22-SSA-ICON-15D1%7B47%7DD2. html

never heard 1 but looking at its 26hs fs i expect the lows will be good ....

Silver Member

Post Number: 269
you showed me the link to the 15" i checked out the 18 and its 399 not sure if that includes shipping. Is it worth the money? or is there better? thats quite expensive considering im only using a sundown sae-1200d on it..
not too concerned about the lows thats why i tuned the box rather high for an 18

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 859
If you're wanting higher bass, you are going to want an SPL woofer. SQ woofers are going to perform well on a lower tuned frequency. How clean and clear a woofer sounds isn't going to be on what sub you're running but the overall build.

Silver Member

Post Number: 270
why would an spl sub work for me? i have a dd3512 (spl sub) and a jlw6(sq sub) and placing both in the same box the jl sounds much much cleaner.
i understand going ported with the box doesn't help with having an all out "sq" set up, but i want to get loud but sound clean doing it.
still want to get low, but didnt want to tune box low to do so, you know what i mean? 33 hz tuned will still drop low, most music doesnt go below 30 hz. i figure from previous boxes ive had i have tuned to 34 hz and like the sound. so im sticking with that or close to it

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16397
oh my bad on the 18

but why not a fi q then ....

Silver Member

Post Number: 271
thats what im thinking, just wondering if there is anything better, a q with all the options is 350 shipped and it seems like no other company can match that

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 405
i dont think nightshades are considered sq subs either. the fi q would be a solid choice. the sae1200 would push a ssa xcon fine and i think its a fair price for wat it is.

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
hmm would you say xcon or fi for sound quality? the xcon seems to have better specs, i may be able to get a good deal on one too

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 406
theyre both actually designed for sound quality. the xcon has better specs as its a lil beefier of a sub and is rated to take more power. also the specs on the fi site are given for the stock models. so theyd be a lil different with all the options. im sure either choice would sound great and get plenty loud for an sq woofer in a proper enclosure of course.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us