Total noob question. never come across this though.

Bronze Member
Username: Perfectcircle

IndyTC sounds 18...

Post Number: 55
I have a dd 9015. old school. I'm going to put it in my wife's car. Anyways, its a dual 1.5 and the only extra amp I have laying around is an old soundstream picasso pca720 2 channel. Of course mono its only 4ohm stable. Anybody have an opinion on if you think the amp can handle the 3 ohm at mono?

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2222
i would guess that it would be over 4 ohms after rise

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 171
^X2

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11152
I would highly recommend not doing that.. a 2ch amp bridged is NOT going to like a 3 ohm. Even if it works at first you are likely to kill the amp later on down the road.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 860
I also agree that it will hurt the amp over time. Back in the day I ran a RF 850.2 at 3 ohm not knowing any better and I eventually had to send it off for repairs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
I think it also probably depends on the particular amp and how much of a load you're putting on it.

Although it might work, if it were me, I'd play it safe and get a proper amp that's 2ohm stable.

Bronze Member

IndyTC sounds 18...

Post Number: 56
I thought after rise it might me fine, but I'm not going to chance smoking that old amp. Just going to buy a cheap audiopipe 1500 and be done with it. Thanks for the input guys.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22950
Dude, mind me asking who you were a few years ago here?

You're not new, I know that. Your identity is puzzling me lol. I don't read ever thread so excuse my ignorance.

Bronze Member

IndyTC sounds 18...

Post Number: 59
My user name was pike110. I was on here tons back in 05 06 . Wife had our first baby and I kind of put car audio on the back burner. Couldn't remember my password so had to start a new one. I buy and sell on CA.com and caco but I really only post on this this one. Most of those dudes are just d*cks and post dump if you ask a question they feel is beneth them. Sorry I ramble on.

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 618
thats why i like it hear, they will still help me just call me stupid, but its better then just being shatt on my the other threats and i like a lot of the people hear.

Bronze Member

IndyTC sounds 18...

Post Number: 60
This is a good site. Most people are very helpful here. plus glasswolf still jumps on here. I've learned a ton from him over the years.

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
^x2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us