JL Audio 12 W3V3 & 500/1

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 150
Hello all, I am back and in need of some help. It has been almost 3 years since I have been able to do anything with car audio. Here is what I am looking to get:
2 JL Audio 12W3V3s
1 JL Audio 500/1
I am looking for some information. I would like to know what ohms 2, 4 or 6. I am also looking for wiring setups. I am wanting to get the most power out of this. I would also like to know gain, etc. settings. If there are any questions, please feel free to ask. I am also looking to buy, so let me know what you have. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 365
whats ur budget? There is better out there for what the price of jl stuff costs. 90% of members here will tell you go with something else fo sho

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 152
I don't know. I had this exact setup before and I was extremely happy. I am leary about going with something else. As far as budget, I am looking at around $900 for 2 subs and amp. Thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16386
check out http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/categories/Sub-Woofers/ for some nice deals ...

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 367
I bought an icon off sound solutions sounds great. How much power are u looking to run? if over 1200 your gonna wanna look into higher power alts/big3/ and 2 gauge amp kit

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 153
I am looking to run no more than 1000 watts. Also, is this a good deal? http://toledo.craigslist.org/ele/1789777522.html

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 849
The Nine.1 posted in the other thread is a great amp for a nice price. It would do well pushing 2 JL w3s. If you wanted to go with a little more output you could go with a ported enclosure. They're not priced bad online, seems like they're going for around $145. The 2 subs and the Nine.1 leaves you plenty of money left over for a nice custom built enclosure.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 369
not really, d3's are more of the lower line of diamond. Also if your looking to run 1000 than the 500/1 would only have been half that. My brother is looking to sell his fi ib3 12's 550 rms each... fi makes quality SQL. sellin cause hes going to college so no need for em anymore. In ported boxes for $250. Can get u pic if interested Also im looking to get rid of my directed 1500d which would be perfect for these as it does 1200@1 ohm selling cause i need more power for mine. Sell that for 140 so 420 total. We could meet in pittsfield charter twp.. its about 70 miles north of u.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 370
wait... thats 390 total lol

Silver Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 154
I already have my enclosure. I picked it up at a local dealer. Boss, how much for the subs without the box? Also, if anybody could give me info on wiring the W3s and what ohms. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 250
if you want very good sound quality the new jl w3v3s are amazing, even in ported boxes, bass is so clean and not one note sounding, you can't go wrong with those. plus they are available in single 4 and 2 ohm, maybe even dual as well, but if you want to run 2 at 2 ohms, get single 4 ohms, if you want to run at 1 ohm get 2 2 ohm single vc subs.
those fi's are meant to be used as an infinite baffle set up, not a ported box.
diamond d3s are also nice as well, you can't go wrong with them, but i recommend the jls for a high quality sq set up.
the nine.1 is a very good choice to power those, they are rated at 500 rms now compared to 300 with the v2s

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 851
A custom enclosure is going to be a better choice than a store bought, pre-made box. The reason being is, the custom enclosure will be made for those subs and made for the type of sound you're looking for. Overall internal volume and if ported, port area and tuning frequency, will effect output and overall sound of your subs. Normal pre-fab boxes are tuned high so your subs will get loud but lack decent low end.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11142
The Audioque 1200d is a better amp for the same price that would def be the better choice.

As for the box, prefab is ok for sealed boxes as long as its not cheap build quality. For ported you need a custom built box, all the ported prefabs are tuned way high and sound terrible.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us