Amp for Xcons

Silver Member
Username: Allthingsfresh

Post Number: 101
Haven't made up my mind on which amp to get for my 2 12" ssa xcons. I have been looking at the saz-3500D. the saz-3000 is discontinued, and i don't really want to buy a used one. Also looking at the AQ3500.1D ... The AQ is about $750 and the saz is about $1000 or so.. Honestly, i don't really want to spend $1000 on an amp. How do these 2 amps compare? the AQ is about $250 cheaper! That money can be used for more electrical upgrades.lol which i'll be needing a lot. But so any suggestions on any other great amps with 3000-3500 rms and are in the price range or 600-800? Maybe more if i really have to or SHOULD. Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2204
why not used?

both are great choices. i would bet that the sundown outperforms the AQ......but for $250 - i would go with the AQ.

i think that aq amp was $549 or $599 shipped not that long ago. maybe something has changed?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 846
Look on a couple car audio forums for people selling amps. You can find some sweet deals if you keep your eyes open. I know a guy who is part of this forum was selling some D9s for a good deal, on CAC. They were like new and he is a good guy.

Silver Member
Username: Allthingsfresh

Post Number: 102
Well yea i guess i can get one used from many honest guys on a forum.. I'm not sure how much the AQ is i only seen one price on their site for $749 shipped. I'm going to look around on some forums for both amps and see if i can get a good deal on either.. Because i think either one will satisfy my needs. thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2209
check out the cresendo 3kwp - same board as the sundown 3K, rd3250.1 v1, atomic 3K......

http://www.crescendoaudio.com/product.php?productid=17515&cat=249&bestseller=Y

do some research on this. this is the best deal if you are going to buy brand new

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 274
heard good things about cresendo.
i say check the forums for a good sundown, a sundown will have much more power than the aq and will be easier to use that power because of the low voltage needed to obtain those numbers.
forums are the best way, i was going to buy the sundown sae-1200d v2 brand new for 315 but i found someone who was selling it brand new in the box for only 200 shipped, i saved 115 and have like 1 year and 9 months left on the warranty.
i got pretty lucky but i have seen many many great deals, just the right timing and patience can save you hundreds.
also just missed out on an fi q for 125 the other day, oh well
sounds like your going to have a loud system
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us