Box design for 3 se 12s help

Bronze Member
Username: Bobby3342

Post Number: 54
going in a dodge intrepid 2000 right now i have 2 already in a box that i made so shoul i just make a single box and add the third sub in the back trunk or should i make abox for all 3. heres my idea 38 or 39 for the length and 13.5 maybe 14 for Height 28 deep and i was going to have the port in the back of box? i want good numbers on the mic but i also am after those low frequencys, im looking to run 2000 rms total for everthing in my car. right now i have an audioque 1200d and 3 re se12d4s should i get another amp and go with 3 amp setup(1for 6.5 comps)2 for subs) or buy another amp for subs and go with 2 amp setup total

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 952
bump

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5666
I can do it for you.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14375
yeah bassman3 is your go to guy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
ok so whats the deal bassman?

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1168
i just going to guess that your se's are d4 since you had two of them on an aq1200. so if you were to run all three off a single amp you would probably need something like an aq 3500d because the final impedance would be 2.66 ohm.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5667
Just shoot me an email and i'll get you it to you for $10 and it comes with a cut-list which shows you every cut that needs to be made. Send me an email at DLaudiotech@gmail.com

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Tucker, Georgia United States

Post Number: 353
I get so tired of Bassman3 thinking he knows every thing about boxes. I too build boxes, sure they are made mostly of cardboard, duct tape and tears, but they are boxes none the less, so there. LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 5668
lol, i try to help as much as I can. People don't know all my boxes are made out of cardboard too... shhhh... ;) haha Just playin, of course.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
yup they are dual 4s i talked to dj he said i could run a 2200 at .6667 and the amp would never see that load i dunno the reason i got the third sub was cuz i wanted to hit the mic better do ya think if i switch to the aq sdc2.5 12s that i would get more output than 3 12 re se s i hear people are getting good numbers with the sdc2,5s i like my se 12s but 86.1 for sensitivity is not good hmm what to do

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 313
the aq's will more than likely get louder, but the re's will sound much cleaner.
also 12s normally don't have high sensitivity, you start getting higher with 15s and 18s especially

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
cwruck ya think i should get the sdc 2.5s or stay with 3 12 re se s

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 314
well what do you want exactly? do you know your freqencies well? those aq's are going to struggle below 40 hz compared to the re's but will be louder 40-60.
the re's will have good response from 20-60 depending on tuning, but much more range than the aq's.
if you feel you dont listen to much music with low low bass and want to be loud, i say the aq's.
if you want cleaner sounding bass i say the re's

both set ups will be very loud, just depends what you want really.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
damn i am after the low frequecys and i listen to rap and jazz and everything i think i prolly should stick with the re s did you own the sdc 2.5s? you seem to know ur stuff

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 224
If you really want sum serious SPL I'd recommend two of these babies and hold on!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13227_JL+Audio+6W3V3-4.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
your fkin nice dude jl 6.5s my 10 month olds butt moves more air than those and shes a girl good jk though

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 226
LoL!

True that.

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1169
bobby you could run the aq 2200 at .667 but remember that it will not be under warranty if you do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us