Kicker sx900.4 on subs & speakers

Silver Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 294
Well, I haven't been on here for almost 4 years. Gave up the PS3 to get back into car audio. Here we go I now have a 04 duramax 2500hd crew cab and its factory now except for the pioneer 860mp premier HU. I've noticed most of you don't have any power going to the rear door speakers so I'm looking to put either a pair of polk db 6501, jl tr650csi component, jl c2 600x coaxial, pioneer ts-d1720c. With a kicker sx900.4 giving 425x2 to 2 kicker cvt's and 50x2 to 2 front speakers, will that work? Can you guys recommend any speakers that might be better in that price range? Whats the difference between coaxial and component speakers?? 2 way vs 3 way vs 4 way? the box for the 2 12's are .77 cu. ft. per chamber and mounting depth is 6" leaving me looking at are the kicker cvt 12's 400w rms they require a min. of 1.0 cu. ft. and alpine type e 250w rms , low watts fi ssd12. Jesus I'm getting a headache trying to find the right setup for my truck, Lead me in the right direction for this truck.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5219
http://www.caraudiohelp.com/newsletter/coaxials_versus_components.htm

Comps are my fav, especially 2 way as they're easier to adjust than 3 way, though 3 ways can yield better results when adjusted properly.

That amp will be fine with your proposed setup. I'm way happy that you've done your research (besides, it's your system, and I think people should be excited about doing research for their system and finding what THEY want and not what others want, down to the wiring and electrical connectors--so keep it up). I'd personally avoid the Pioneer speakers. With components etc. it's typically better to listen first, but if I had to choose blindly, I'd go with the Polk or JL comps.

Silver Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 295
ok polks or jl whichever one is cheaper I will get. I presume you're saying both are pretty much almost the same in SQ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us