Okay, I narrowed it down to three possible choices.

Bronze Member
Username: Arnotjie

Post Number: 29
Okay, so I've been doing heaps of research over the last couple of months, and I've narrowed it down to these choices.
2 eclipse sw6210
1 Boston g512
1 Fi audio ssd12

I don't live in the US, so I dont have as many to choose from. all of these cost about the same (AU$400) except for the fi, which is about AU$60 more expensive inc. shipping. It is going to be a daily driver, so both sq and spl is important. I really do listen to every kind of music, but the sub will mainly be used for rap. However, I still want it to perform well with other genre's... I would like to hear some of your opinions, and also which enclosure would be best (sealed or ported).

Maximum of 2.5 cu ft, and not planning on using midbass sovar, just 2 way components, 6.5" (if that makes any difference)

Thanks for your advice.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 181
take the eclipse subs and make a 2.5 cu ft box sealed up. that would be your best choice to have a good sq system but still get low with rap music.
if building the box make sure it is completely sealed and carpet it, you dont want any air leaks at all

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Thanks, That is actually the one I was thinking of doing. It's just going to be the simplest to get everything and so on... So you reckon it will still be able to get low enough, even if it is in a sealed enclosure?

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
yes it will get low enough for the majority of hip hop songs, there may be a few where the bass drops down to 25 hz or so you wont really hear or feel but thats ok, most people that have their ported boxes tuned to 35 hz and up dont really get that frequency to sound good anyways as well,
plus 2 wonderful subs compared to 1 sub is going to help and being sealed you will like listening to different genres

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 298
depends what ur definition of "low" is

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
it will easily drop to 30 hz and probably roll off around there, not sure because it also has to do with the subs t/s parameters and the cabin gain of the vehicle.
but yes it will drop "low" enough for the majority of hip hop songs like i said.
now will you beat down the block playing slowed down songs? no but who does that anyways? def not me. but will your set up still pound hard with a song like air forces by young jeezy. yes it will still be decently loud

honestly for your situation that is by far the best set up you can get

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Okay, thanks, this was really helpful. I could not really be bothered to get something that drops to say 20Hz if thats never gonna happen in a song. I was just never sure how low, the "low" rap songs are, if u know what I mean... If it can play my music, i'm happy, I'm not going to slow down songs or anything... So thanks, I'm going to go with the 2 eclipse in a sealed box, running of a sundown SAZ1000D.

Thanks for all the advice
cheers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
if you have heard the song "i love your girl" by the dream, dont expect that song to hit hard.. I would say that is hitting around 25 hz.
but the thing is, even people with 12s or 10s in boxes tuned to 35 hz or higher, or even down to 33 hz are not hitting on that song either..
i promise you the set up you are going with is your best bet, and thats a nice amp choice there, make sure to get dual 4 ohm subs and run that amp at 1 ohm.
goodluck hope you like what you get

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2432
SSD

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Yeah, I get what you're saying, I'm gonna go with them. And yes, they only come in dual 4ohm, thats why I chose that amp... Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

If I lived in the US I could get 2 ssd's, but for me its going to be $180 for the subs, and $140 for shipping, and its going to be hard to organize everything.

So I'm just going to get the 2 eclipse's... I'll put up some pics once I start.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14284
good choice

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 198
Yea, sounds good man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums