Kicker zx750.1 pushing JL 10w3v2 4ohm? Advice please?

Username: Smitty1812

Post Number: 1
I am about to install four JL 10w3v2 4ohms subs in my truck. I have one zx750.1 mono block amp. I was curious if I got another zx750.1 and pushed two subs with the one amp if this would be a good combination. I don't know anything about JL and I know about the same about kicker amps. Any advice?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 800
Getting a second 750.1, or a single 1500.1 would be a good choice to push 4 10 w3s. Each sub would be seeing 375 rms. They'd sound great. I dont believe you would be able to run the 4 subs right now off the one 750.1, it would be too low of an ohm load for the amp.

Username: Smitty1812

Post Number: 2
Okay, thanks. Also, I need to wire the speakers in parallel or series?

Bronze Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 31
If you wired them in series it would be a 4 ohm load.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wir ing/4SVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg

If you wire them parallel it would be a 1 ohm load.

So, if you stick with one zx750.1 you would have to wire the subs in series because in paralle the ohm load would be to low for the amp. I would recommend getting another zx750.1 if your funds allow it and your charging system can handle it. Running one zx750.1 at 4 ohms to 4 subs really wouldn't be worth your time unless your content with giving each sub around 94 watts lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us