What To Do...

Bronze Member
Username: Eexospire

Post Number: 12
Hi!

I currently have an Alpine HU, Alpine Type-S Fronts and Sony 6x9 Rears powered by a Sony 4060GTX 4 chan amp, and 1 sealed IDMAX 12" D4 V3 powered by a Kenwood 8104D amp.

I recently purchased a Pioneer 5100 HU and a Alpine M1000 for the IDMAX. I'm currently trying to decide on new inside speakers from Hertz, either the Dieci and Energy 6.5 and 6x9 coaxials.

My vehicle is a 1999 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4CYL which only has a 90amp alternator. I've tried to find HO alternators made for my vehicle but there are none. I can get one custom made 200amp alternator from excessiveamperage.com for $360... or this local shop said a second battery would meet my needs which would cost about $260.

So that's about 1200w rms for my speakers + sub.

I could... sell my Sony 4 chan amp and power the Hertz Deici's with my head unit and just run the Alpine M1000 amp...

I could get the Hertz Energies... keep the Sony 4 chan amp and run the Alpine M1000 with a second battery or upgraded alternator...

I could sell my IDMAX and Alpine M1000 and get the Hertz ML3000 which only requires 750watts and get a new amp...

Hmmm... I don't know what to do and want to see what your ideas are.

Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Lexington, SC USA

Post Number: 13349
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/charging.html

personally I wouldn't own a Sony amp anyway, but if it's all you have to work with, it's better than the head unit for power.

what you should do is get rid of everything by sony, save up some more money and do things properly.
get a decent amp, get better front speakers, you don't really need rear speakers (especially 6x9s) then you could have:

head unit - 2 channel amp - front separates
sub amp - sub
high output alternator
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us