HHHEEELLLPPPP!!!!

Username: Daniec86

Post Number: 8
ALRIGHT HERE IT GOES MABYE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT HERE.I JUST BOUGHT A JL AUDIO G-MAX 1200WATT MONO AMP.IM RUNNING 4GAUGE WIREING.THE SUBS I HAVE ARE SOME 12IN.PIONEER CHAMPION SERIES SUBS.THE PROBLEM IS I DONT KNOW WHAT TO HAVE MY GAIN SET AT AND THE DB'S AND THE HZ'S,CUZ WHEN I HAVE IT LOUD IT SOUNDS LIKE A VOLLEY BALL IS GETTING HIT OR SOMETHING I TRIED MESSING WITH IT BUT I JUST CANT GET IT RIGHT.THANKS.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 603
USE A DMM TO SET THE GAIN. DO THE SQRT (RMS/OHM) = VOLTAGE NEEDED. SHOULD BE ON LPF AND AT 80 HZ. KEEP THE BASS BOOST LOW TO OFF, DON'T HAVE IT UP REAL HIGH, IT WILL CAUSE DISTORTION IN YOUR SUBS.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13254
First, please turn off your caps lock. It's very hard to read text in all caps.

Try these settings:

Gain - set this to match your head unit's pre-out voltage, if you know what that is (typically 2 or 4V) and if the amp is marked out from min to max in voltage. Otherwise if you can't do as suggested above with a DMM because you don't have one, then turn the gain down all the way, then back up one-quarter turn as a starting point. No higher to begin with.

LPF _XO) - set this for 50Hz.

Q (slope) - 18 or 24dB (either will do)

Phase - 0

Bass Boost - 0 (none)

The reason the subs sound badly right now is most likely due to the gain being too high and/or the LPF point being too high.

Username: Daniec86

Post Number: 10
alright ill try that thanks guys!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us