I need helping finding the right amp for my 3 12's kickeer cvr

Username: 1986freddy

Post Number: 1
im trying to find the right amp that will go with my 3 12's kicker cvr..
please help me out..i had a mind a kicker amp, but not sure which one, or if you have any other advice, please let me know.
thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13161
what coil configuration are these subwoofers?

Post Number: 2
I think they have a doble coil, so I'm not sure on how many ohms I have them right now

Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 5
Well if they are dual 4 ohm voice coils then the recommended ohm load to the amp would be 2.67 ohms. The wiring configuration for this is as shown in the link below.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=3&I=42

If they are dual 2 ohm voice coils the recommended ohm load would be 1.33. The wiring configuration would be the same as the above link.

These particular speakers are 400 watts rms so depending on their voice coil configuration look for a amp that puts out around 1200 watts rms either around 1 ohm or 2 ohm.

Post Number: 3
Well I checked my subs and i have them at 2 ohms...So which option you think it would be the best for the speakers? At 2 ohms or 4 ohms? I want them to be loud

Post Number: 6
Ok you say you have them at 2 ohm but that is still not telling me if the speakers are dual 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm. So, on the bottom of the speaker does it say dual 2 or dual 4?

Post Number: 4
Ohh ok, well it's says it's only a dual 2

Post Number: 7
Okay so if its a dual 2 then that means you can wire them down to 1.33 ohms which will do you fine. For wiring just use the diagram that I posted in the above post. Next, are you stuck on a Kicker amp or are you willing to go with different brands? A Kicker amp that would be good for your 3 subs would be a pretty penny.

Post Number: 5
Well i would like to have a kicker..which one you think is good?
Or maybe I can go with a different amp depending on the brand, becaus I don't really want a cheap brand...

Post Number: 8
Well if your wanting a Kicker amp then the one I would personally go with would be the DX1000.1. Simply because a lot of the other Kicker amps aren't stable at 1 ohm, they're only stable at 2 ohm and since your ohm load will end up being 1.33 you'll need an amp that is stable at 1 ohm as opposed to 2 ohm. On the Kicker website this amp retails for around 449 dollars.

Post Number: 6
Oh ok, do u have any other amps in mind, like other good brands?

Post Number: 9
Well there are tons of other amps out there that will do you fine. A lot of people on here tend to say that the Audioque AQ1200D amp is a very reliable amp at a very reasonable price. I've heard that the Sundown SAE-1200D V.2 is also a very nice reliable amp at a decent price. Also, the US AMPS XT-4000DE V3 is a very nice amp at a pretty good price. I know through experience that the US AMPS XT-4000DE V3 amp can really put out the power. I had a friend purchase one to put on a pair of 12 inch Alpine type R's and I was very impressed, nice clean power at a reasonable price.

Link to the US AMPS XT-4000DE V3=http://www.usamps.com/xtv3_amps.html

Link to the Audioque AQ1200D=http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=26

Link to the Sundown SAE 1200D V.2=http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/amplifiers/sae-1200d-v2.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us