Overkill? ideas on combo please?

Username: Garrybeta

Post Number: 1
Hi all,, new here,not sure where to put this thread,,but,, this is my situation,, i have Alpine CDA 9851 head,, sony xplode 6x9s& power accustic 3" in back window,, Pyle 51/4 on doors,, 2 Alpine 10" subs in trunk,,now i have the subs driven with a 700w Krunch,, (not enough),,in 98 Pontiac Grand Prix,, yesterday i picked up Alpine MRVF340 4channel amp,,Alpine MRVT501 2 channel amp,, 2 JL AudioXR crossovers,, Kicker Solo Baric 10" ,, and 2 Audiobahn 10' subs,, any ideas on setup i should attempt? i have alot of hardware,, and i have no idea what im doing,,, someone give me their ideas on what would be the best combo? ty

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13112
keep the alpine head unit
keep the 2 10" alpine subs
keep the alpine 4 channel amp

sell everything else, and use the money to:
-have a good box made for the two subs
-get a 2-amplifier wiring kit
-buy a decent mono class D sub amp (example: Audioque AQ1200d) to drive the subs
-buy a pair of alpine type R separates (6.5")

now, here's your future setup:
Alpine head unit
Alpine type R separates in front driven by bridged alpine MRVF340
no rear fill (only ruins the imaging and soundstage, but if you have rear passengers and insist on rear fill, you'll want a pair of 5.25" midrange component speakers, and read this:
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/rearfill.html and use all 4 channels of the Alpine amp to drive the fronts and rears instead of bridging)
two Alpine type R 10" subs in a ported enclosure, tuned to 28Hz, and driven by the AQ1200d.

This will sound clean, hit hard, and look good.
No more crappy halfassed walmart gear. you'll have a respectable audio system. Keep it simple, and use good equipment, and install it right. You can't do better than that.

Username: Garrybeta

Post Number: 2
ok tyvm,, i put the type s subs in the ported box the audiobahns were in,, bought the type r 6.5s,, have a monster cable 2 amp kit,, actually its a 4 amp kit,, the subs i have are typeS alpine 10s,, lookin into the other amp ,, thanx will reply when have all i need

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13203
sounds great so far

Have you listened to the Type S subs in the audiobahn box yet?
If it's ported, is it slot ported or round ports? If the box is ported, with round ports, I can tell you how to tune the ports.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us