Alpine MRP-M500 for IDQ12V2.D4

Username: Johngf

Post Number: 1
Last week my car was broken into and my whole system was unfortunately stolen.... so now I am looking for a new system. What I used to have were two 10" 350W rms, both were supposed to get 140W but probably were not, the head unit was an Alpine IDA-X001.

For a replacement system I want one with more SQ, and preferably a little louder. I'm thinking about getting one IDQ12V2.D4, which I think will do the trick. I am not trying to spend a ton of money but still give the sub enough clean power. For this I have been considering the Alpine MRP-M500. I have seen a lot of pretty good reviews for it but no tests for actual specs. So I figure even if it isn't putting out 500W @ 2ohms, the watts would still be above the rms of the sub. I also have not seen many people using this amp for the sub, which is one reason why I am questioning it. Will it be able to control and power the sub properly?

The car is a 2000 Civic, 4 door. Sealed box and I think I am going to put in a 1 fared cap. The head unit would be a Kenwood KDC-X794 and I listen to mainly indie/rock, not so much rap, but would like to be able to handle it on occasion. I was also looking at the JL 12w3v3, but decided on the IDQ. Thanks for your help!

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 563
Should be a nice set up. To get the most sound from your sub you may go with a ported enclosure and shoot more for SQL. If you were happy with a sealed enclosure though, do what fits your listening needs. The IDQ is a good choice. The alpine amp should do the trick. Any idea why your car was targeted? It'd be horrible to invest in a new system and get it jacked again.

Username: Johngf

Post Number: 2
Alright, very cool, thanks! The ported though has me a little worried though, will I lose a lot of the SQ that I would get from the sub being sealed if I port it. The reason I was going for sealed was for a little more SQ and my old box was sealed too so I don't really know anything else, but nothing set in stone by any means. I did however see a lot of people saying the IDQ was not loud enough, so maybe porting it would fix that?

As for my system being jacked, I don't think it even got loud enough for people to hear it in order to envy it haha... but I think someone was going though my apartments' parking lot and saw my head unit and got a bonus of my ipod, amp and subs. It was done by someone who knew what they were doing... so who knows really. There was also another car a few lots up from me that had the same window broken as mine, I never found out whether it was a break in or just a broken window.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us