Rockford Power hx2 12D2 what amp to use?????

Username: Callmemrbunnz

Post Number: 9
does anyone know what the real rms this subwoofer can take is? im looking at a few amps but my budget is around 200. my choices are audiopipe 15001, mb quart 1501 or should i do a 1200 watt amp? audipipe has a nice slim amp called the 1300 i was wonderin if anyone knew anything about them i seen internals and they look to have adecent build to me. i was thinkin go with a little more then 1000 that way i could run the amp without having to turn it up as high. Any suggestions? THANKS

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 545
I believe the power HX2's can hold 1000 rms. I'd get an amp that will run it at that and no more. I had the Punch HX2's back in the day, which were 500 rms, and they were great woofers. Some of the best I ever had experience with. I'd say get an AQ1200D and adjust the gain on it properly and you'd be set. Its around $250 shipped and worth it. Do you have an enclosure for the sub yet?

Username: Callmemrbunnz

Post Number: 10
yea i think its like 2.5 after displacement tuned to 35hz. y is everyone so set on aq amps in this forum. it feels like a salesman for them set this site up lol

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 549
Because for what it goes for it is hard to beat. You can do a Sundown 1000D for $315. That's a good amp.

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 365
If I remember rite, its 1000RMS.

The AudioPipe AP15001D or MB Quart DSC 1500D would do just fine. I would go with the one u can get the cheapest.

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 366
Edit

Bronze Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 92
Yes, just to confirm they are 1000 rms. You got to love those 4 inch voice coils. I got a friend who has 4 of these beast in the 10 inch model. Great woofers, he's had all 4 of them beating hard for 5-6 years now and they are still going strong. As for amps, I agree totally with Shawn but, if that's not what your looking for then I would go with the MB Quart DSC 1500D over the AudioPipe Ap15001D.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us