Autotek stealth

Username: Woahthatsloud

New orleans, Louisiana Usa

Post Number: 4
i got a autotek stealth xs 1500.1
is it good enough to power two type r 12s dual 4 ohm subs wired down to 1 ohm
alot of pple tell me yes but i cant turn my radio past 26 without blowing a fuse by the battery and shuting down my amp
now i only have one battery and i have another lanzar vibrant 800 running my highs
is that the prob?

would a capacitor help?
imma newb please help

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12847
capacitors never help.
you probably have the gain on teh amp turned up too far, and the amplifier is clipping.
what size is the fuse that keeps blowing, and what type of fuse is it?
for a 1500 watt RMS amplifier, you need at least 4 gauge wire for power and ground, too.
Also make sure your ground point is sanded to bare metal, and you have a good ground contact for the amp, as close to the amplifier as possible.

Post Number: 5
im running 4 gauge wire and all my grounds are good i double checked everything the fuze i keep blowin is on my power wire by the battery the fuze says 5ag 100a

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12862
you have a 100A fuse. Your amp is rated, by the model #, I'm guessing for 1500 watts RMS. a class D 1500 watt amp will draw in excess of 150A.

That's your problem.
Fuse is too small, AND the amp is almost assuredly clipping due to a lack of clean current due to an insufficient charging system if this is on a stock alternator.

Post Number: 6
so the fuse is too small and i need a bigger alternator

i dont want to get a bigger alt if i dont have to at the moment is there ne thing i can do besides that to make it stop clipping?

thank you your lots of help

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12874
go to a 200A fuse. That will do the job. That large fuse by the battery is relly just to prevent a dead short causing a fire. It's not to protect the amps. The amps should be fused individually for that.

If your voltage stays above 12V, you don't need to worry about the alternator. If the voltage is dropping into the 11 range or lower while the system is playing, then you can look at charging system upgrades.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us