Sony XM-ZZR3301

PIONEER GM-D8400M

JVC ARSENAL KS-AR7001

Orion CO500.1

KENWOOD KAC-8105D

Jensen power900

JBL GT5-A3011

Orion CO8001

would i get more/better power from a 2 channel bridgeable amp or a mono channel amp?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 405
Go with a mono block

Bronze Member
Username: Andy614

Post Number: 31
these are all mono block. but what makes it different?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12632
RF, Orion, JBL, and Pioneer are all pretty good amplifier brands.
I'd avoid the others.

As for 2-ch vs mono, that really has no bearing. What does matter, is the class of amplifier, and the quality of it's power supply.
If this is to drive one or more subwoofers, you'll want a class D amplifier, as you can get them in larger output ratings, and they are much more efficient than class AB amps (which are 99.9% multichannel full-range amplifiers used more for cabin speakers, and not subs)

To keep things simple though, for asubs, stick to a monoblock class D subwoofer amplifier. Pick your sub(s) so it/they can be wired together to present a 2 ohm load into 1 channel. Then just get an amp that supplies somewhere in the ballpark of the combined RMS power handling ratings of the subs you chose. I'd suggest not exceeding that number, although having less than the RMS rated power of the subs is perfectly fine. You can't underpower a speaker. You can only overcompensate for lack of output by cranking the gains on the amp too high, causing the amp to clip, and frying the speakers' coils.

Bronze Member
Username: Kissdaredevil

Post Number: 80
I'd only go with orion, jbl, or pioneer, as for the differences, it is just the quality of how they are built, jensen and kenwood get really hot and can overheat.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12646
Orion, according to their reps at least, still use all milspec components to assemble their amplifiers, using high tolerance parts, and very ample power supplies. Good stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us